The Toy Factory

Eve slowly woke up, blinking blearily. She sat up, yawning widely, and stretched to try and work out the kinks from sleeping in the cot. She swung her legs over the edge and stood up with a grunt. She stood there for a moment, taking everything in, before walking out the door. She stopped by the ink-flooded bathroom to quickly freshen up, thankful that the faucets at least had water. She headed into the main room, yawning again as she walked in. Boris and Jack both gave her a little wave, then returned to their card game. Eve took a peek at who was winning on the little scorecard they had made; it looked as if they were tied for the moment. She started humming under her breath while she grabbed some bacon soup to heat up for breakfast. It wasn't bad, a little greasy maybe, but it wasn't heavy on her stomach like Molly Weasley's food. She served up the soup and carried the bowls over to the boys, who had abandoned the game in favor of food. She laughed at Boris's eager expression as she put his bowl in front of him. She sat down to eat, and recalled how they ended up in the safe room in the first place.

Flashback start

"B-Boris?" Eve asked shakily. "You're... alive? But how? I saw you, your chest was cut open!" Boris shook his head and held up two fingers. "There were... two Boris's?" she asked, confused. Boris nodded, then waved in the 'follow me' motion. Eve looked at Jack, who shrugged in return. Eve took a deep breath, and followed after the wolf, being careful to keep him just out of reach. After all, in the show, Bendy and Boris had been the best of friends. She wasn't going to risk being in grabbing distance. Surprisingly, Boris seemed to understand her misgivings, because he gave her a weapon, a hammer that had definitely seen better days. He then turned, and continued to lead the duo into the studio,until they reached a door. He opened it, and waved them through. When Eve and Jack went through the door into the room within, Boris closed the door and removed a lever that was next to it. When Eve gave him a questioning look, Boris grabbed a piece of paper and a fountain pen off of the little table and wrote something on it. He handed her the paper, which read, "I removed the lever so the Ink Demon can not manipulate it through the wall. He has done that before, I was lucky enough to escape." That was what had cemented Boris as someone to be trusted to Eve, so they had stayed, helping him scavenge more food, building up a little supply of bacon soup.

Flashback end

Eve shook herself out of her thoughts when she registered someone tapping her shoulder. Turning, she saw Boris looking at her at her a little worriedly. "I'm fine, buddy." she reassured, "Just thinking, that's all." Boris peered closer at her, then nodded to himself and turned back to his food. She smiled at him, he really was very sweet. After waiting on the boys to finish eating, she grabbed the dishes and quickly washed them, singing to herself now.

"Do you feel like you're second-hand?

Do feel like you're afraid to stand alone?

Cut away every safety net; live your life so you won't regret the road

Feels like you're standing there so small; Just a space between the stars

Don't be afraid to risk it all, 'Cause we are, we are

We are giants, we are giants, we are giants, we are, we are

We are giants, we are giants, we are giants, we are, we are!

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

Raise your flag, let your voice be heard; Put your heart into every word you say

All your failures' a cornerstone; Build a house with the things you've thrown away