The False Angel

Eve gulped and left the room through the now opened door off to the side of the room. Jack gripped his hammer tightly, just as tense as Eve was. After walking through a short hallway, the duo came across a fork in the road, so to speak. There were two paths, one marked 'The Angel', and one marked 'The Demon'. Eve glanced down both paths. The Demon path was filled with ink, while the Angel path was clean and dry. But at the same time, Eve didn't trust it at all. But Jack couldn't go through the Demon path because of the ink. "You take the Angel path, and I'll take the Demon path. That way there is no way that woman can get the drop on both of us." Eve decided, glancing at Jack. Jack looked up at her and made a disgruntled noise. He pointed at a cutout of Bendy, then pointed at Eve. "If Bendy shows up, I'll throw something and run like hell. I am pretty fast, and if all else fails, I can hide in one of those little cupboards that are everywhere on this level." The 'cupboards', as Eve called them, looked like lockers, and had a halo painted on them, with a sign on top calling them a "Little Miracle Station". Eve hoped she wouldn't have to hide in one of those though, she didn't want to trigger her claustrophobia by hiding in one.*

Eve started down the path, only to hear a loud 'clang' behind her. Turning, she saw that a large, metal door had slid down, locking her inside the Demon path. She could hear Jack banging on the other side, burbling worriedly. "I'm okay, Jack! Just keep going, I assume the other path is still open, right?" she yelled through the door. Jack gave an affirmative gurgle. "Then just keep going, we'll meet back up later!" Turning, Eve started to wade through the ankle-deep ink. As she was slogging through the ink, Eve spied a tape recorder propped up on a chair. Wading over, she picked it up and saw the name 'Joey Drew' on it. "So Joey did one of these too, huh? Well, let's see what he said." muttered Eve.

"There's nothing wrong with dreaming. Wishing for the impossible is just human nature. That's how I got started. Just a pencil and a dream. We all want everything, without having to lift a finger. They say you just have to believe. Belief can make you succeed. Belief can make you rich. Belief can make you powerful. Why, with enough belief, you can even cheat death itself! Now that... is a beautiful, and positively silly thought."

Eve gaped at the machine. Joey's voice had changed when talking about cheating death, sounding almost... wistful. Did all of this start because of one fool's desire to cheat the uncheatable? Was this entire mess because of Joey's fear of his final destination? Eve shuddered at the thought. She knew Joey was insane, but this... this was beyond insane. She could only hope that he hadn't succeeded at evading death all of these years. Still shuddering, she turned and waded out of the room. Walking down a long hallway, she jumped when a Bendy cutout peeked around the corner. Turning the corner, she saw Jack and Boris, the latter leaning the cutout against the wall. "Boris! You scared me to death!" Eve said in relief. She was still worried about the idea of Sammy finding her.

Boris looked away guiltily and held out a pipe. Eve noticed that he held one just like it in his other hand. "Thanks, buddy. All is forgiven. Just don't do that again, ok?" Eve said kindly. Boris perked up and nodded happily. Opening the door in front of them, they entered an old storage room. All Eve could hear was the ticking of what must have been at least fifty Bendy-themed clocks on the walls. There were shelves full of plushies of all three characters. Just across from them was another door, though it appeared that this one required power to open. Walking up to it, Eve remarked, "Looks like we need to throw two levers to open this one. You guys get this one, I'll find the other one." Boris nodded and walked over to the closest lever, while Eve followed the power cord down the hall. Turning the corner, she saw a poster for 'The Butcher Gang', and the lever right next to it.

Right as she was about to flip the lever, something tore through the poster and fell on top of her. Eve screamed, and started trying to fight off whatever it was with her pipe. But the thing was stronger than her, and had a tight grip on her neck. Just as she was starting to black out from lack of oxygen, she could hear someone pulling the thing off of her. Eve rolled over onto her side, gasping for air as she massaged her neck. She could hear Boris and Jack attacking the thing, until with a final gasp, the thing died. Eve could see it's body melt into ink, than slip through the grating on the floor through the corner of her eye. The two boys hurried over to her and helped Eve to her feet. Coughing, she tried to reassure the boys that she was fine now, but they wouldn't hear it. Boris maneuvered her onto his back, and Jack flipped the lever. Eve sighed and let her head rest against Boris's back. The attack had tired her out, but she hadn't wanted to worry the boys. She didn't realize that her attempt to ignore it and keep going had worried them even more, because that was not normal behavior for almost dying.