CHAPTER 1

"Good morning." I say to my mother and my father. My mother is cooking breakfast as my father is writing.

"Good morning sweetheart." My mother says, her voice is soft and calm. Her beautiful blond hair is in a bun as her grey blue eyes met mine. My father looks up at me and smiles.

"How did you sleep?" My father says half looking at me and half looking at his work. His brown curly hair is messy and his eyes are droopy from sleep.

"Great actually, I have some things to still pack." I say as I walk towards the coffee machine and pour myself a cup.

I hear some groaning and foot steps that are very heavy. I look towards the stairs and see Auden walking towards us. He continues walking with his eyes half shut, he then trips over a stair and falls down them. I can't hold in my laughter, while my mother runs towards him and my father just shakes his head.

"Are you okay!!" My mother practically yells running towards him. He grabs her hand and she helps him up.

"Yes, I'm fine." Auden says still half asleep. He smiles at my mother and walks into the kitchen.

"Your such a dumbass." I say looking at Auden while I pour my milk in my coffee cup.

"Shut up!" He says and starts the coffee maker. I put the milk back in the fridge and grab my coffee mug.

"Language." My father says looking at us. I half laugh and sit beside my father on the kitchen table.

"Hardin... they learned it from you." My mother says and me and Auden burst out in laughter.

"Anyways, I have to leave the house for college before 12pm." I smile at my mother before taking a sip of my coffee.

"Emery, are you sure you want to go to WCU?" My mother says looking at me for an answer.

"Yes I'm sure, you and dad went there and anyways they have great programs." I says as I stand up and grab some of the bacon and eggs my mother has made.

We finish breakfast and I finish packing. I lay in bed on my phone until I need to leave. I start gaining butterflies in my stomach as the time for me to leave gets closer. About 3 hours later, I check the time on my phone and it's almost 12pm. I put my phone beside me and cover my face with my hands. I breath in and out slowly to calm myself.

"Emery!!" I hear my mothers voice call for me from downstairs. I groan and roll off my very comfortably bed. I grab all my bags and walk downstairs.

"I'm coming, I'll meet you in the car." I make my way to the car but I'm stopped by my father.

"No drugs, no alcohol, no boys! Be good." He grabs my face and pulls me into a hug. I drop my bags on the floor and hug him back.

"Dad I'm 18, I'll be fine." I pull out the hug and smile.

"Have fun at college sis." Auden says half smirking. He stands beside the door and stares at me and my father.

"I will, but I really need to go" I smile once more at them and grab my stuff off the floor. I walk out the door and walk towards my mothers car. I open my door but before I go in I turn around and wave at Auden and my father. I get in the car and close the door. I turn towards my mom and she's crying.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I frown and grab her hand. She wipes her tears and smiles the fakes smile ever.

"Your leaving, my first born is off the college. You better visit." She hold my hand tighter and her eyes beg for me to answer her.

"Of course mom, I'll visit all the time but please don't cry." I smile while my mother is in front of me trying to hold herself together.

"I'll try, but Emery be careful okay. Don't trust everyone you meet. Especially at WCU." She smiles once more at me and let's go of my hand. She starts to drive off.

The butterflies in my stomach dance around faster as the car moves. I have an hour drive to the airport and an 3 hour airplane ride to calm my nerves. I play some music and we sing along. I hope I make friends and I hope I have fun, I will... right?