CHAPTER 2

It's been almost 4 hours since I've left my house, the plane is about to land any second. The seatbelt alarm is going off and the captain is telling everyone to close the table. I do as he says, I put on my seat and close the table. I sit back and I feel the plane landing. I close my eyes and plug my ears. I've always hated when planes landed. Whenever we visited grandma in London or grandpa in Washington, I would always have major ear problems after landing.

"We have now landed, please unfasten your seatbelt and patiently wait." I hear the captain announce as I open and unplug my ears slowly.

I pull out my phone and text my family in the group chat we have made. We have always had a family group chat and sometimes it's gotten weird in the group chat but me and Auden have gotten used to it at this point.

"I have landed safely." I texted them.

I put my phone back in my pocket and I look around, everyone is grabbing their bags and standing up. I then realized that the captain has announced we may exit, guess I missed it. I stand up and grab my bag, I safely exit the plane and go to retrieve my luggage. After about 30 minutes of waiting I finally got my luggage, I make my way out of the airport and look around. Wow I never realize how much I miss Washington, New York is pretty cool but not compared to this. I find a cab that is casually waiting.

"Can you give me a lift to WCU?" I ask the man the is sitting in the car.

"yeah sure, get in." He says while typing in WCU in his map directions machine.

I see the trunk fly open which makes me jump a bit. I walk behind the car and place my bags and my luggage in the trunk. I get inside the car and put my seatbelt on. It's only 1pm here in New York it is 4pm. The car starts to move and I pull out my phone. I open my phone and see that my family has messaged me back.

"Good text us everyday." my mom messages back.

"STAY AWAY FROM BOYS!" My dad messages.

"Dad it's not like she's a virgin." Auden messages and I want to punch him.

"AUDEN!!" I type very fast.

"WHAT!?! WHO?! WHEN?!? HOW OLD?! WHERE DOES HE LIVE?!" My dad messages in seconds.

"HARDIN! She's 18, I think she's good okay. But sweetie who was it?" My mom messages and I want to scream.

"NO TESSA THIS ISN'T OKAY!" My dad sends.

"Okay I have to go, bye guys."  I sent it and immediately shut my phone off. I'm not ready for the messages my mother and father are going to send. I close my eyes and listen to the soft music that the driver is playing.

***

40 minutes later, I feel the car stop and I open my eyes. I look out the window and see the huge famous WCU that my "Grandfather" talks about. It's exactly like he described it. I pay the guy and grab my bags and luggage out the trunk. He drives away and I'm left on the sidewalk. I talk a deep breath in and start to walk to my dorm. I got the email and I have room B12. I walk towards the building but before I can even reach the door I bump into someone. i drop my bags and I see a bunch of books that have fallen on the floor. I grab my bag and try to pick up as many books I can grab. I hand them to the person I bumped into and look up.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you." She says as she grabs her books from me.

"It's okay really, I'm sorry too." I say and fix my outfit.

She has really long black hair that reaches her lower back and her eyes a big and dark brown. She is taller then me but not by a lot. I'm 5'5 and she seem 5'7. Her outfit is cute, ripped jeans with a top that says "fuck it" the writing is in pink while the top is white.

"I'm Ella, Ella Samuels." She says and reaches her hand out to shake mine.

"Emery Scott." I say and shake her hand. She tilts her hand a bit and I let go of her hand. She looks at me like she is trying to figure something out, after seconds her eyes widen.