CHAPTER 3

"Wait... Scott, like Hardin Scott?" Ella Samuels says with her eyes wide open. Why and how does she know my father?

"yeah..." I say slowing down my words in confusion. I still don't understand why she had a reaction like that.

"Wow, what are the odds." she says like I'm supposed to understand what she is talking about.

"I'm sorry, am I missing something here? I say to her while my head is tilted in confusion and my eyebrows are pushed together.

"Um... yeah. I'm Ella Samuels." she extends her last name, and then it hit me. I remember going through my mom and dads college pictures and my mom would explain who the people were. The images of the girl with pink hair appear and my mother saying her name was 'Molly Samuels'. She told me that they didn't like each other and the words repeat in my head, she never told me why though. I snap my head back up and my eyes wide, I see her face relax and she smiles.

"Now you remember?" she says half laughing, she seems so nice.

"uhh yeah, my dad had group photos and your mom was in it." I say slowly and carefully no knowing how to proceed with this conversation.

"Yeah my mom has the same thing." She says all smiley.

"My mother mentioned our parents not liking each other." I say while laughing. Her eyes widen a bit and she smiles.

"Wait, your mother is Tessa right?" she says laughing as well, it's kind of awkward as we are both talking to each other carefully.

"Yeah," I say and she immediately smiles.

"My mother told me that Hardin was head of heels for her. She even told me that your father and my mother used to hook up before your mother came around." she says and pulls her phone out. My eyes immediately widens, I have to ask him about this later.

"oh.. I never knew that. My parents are still so close. Anyways I have to get to my new dorm." I say as I started to gather my things again.

" Oh what dorm number did you get?" She says and smiles. She seems really nice but I'm just thrown off because our parents didn't like each other and my dad hooked up with her mother... multiple times.

" B12." I say as fast as I can. I need to get out of here.

"REALLY?! I have the same dorm. Here's your key, they told me to give it to you." Se says and her smile is wide. GREAT! This is exactly what I need... to be sharing a bedroom with the daughter of the girl my dad hooked up with. I smile the best I can and grab the keys.

"well I'll see you around roommate, were gonna be great friends!" she smiles once more and skips off. What is she a child? ugh, Emery don't be rude you don't even know her. I take a deep breath in and walk to my dorm.

***

I have now cleaned my side of the dorm and put everything of mine away. It's a perfect size room, not to big but not to small. We have each have a side of a room, she has the right and I have the left. I brought a couple of classic novels with me because, in my family we love reading and classic books were my parents thing. It reminds me of them so I brought, Wuthering Heights and Pride and Prejudice. I won't read them because I'm personally not into classics. I lay on my just made bed and pull out my phone. I open our family group chat and see all the messages my mother and father sent. I ignore them and text them hoping they will change the subject.

"Hey guys, got my dorm room. Already organized it." I send, I watch as three bubbles appear and I take a deep breath in.

"That's good!" my mother types, thank god were over the whole 'virgin' thing.

"Do you like your roommate?" my father types and I feel my heart rate go up.

"Is it a she or he?" Auden sends.

"It's a girl, she's cool I guess." I type hoping they won't ask-

"What's her name?" my mother sends. FUCK.

"Ella Samuels." I type and wait for their responds.