1

(three months after day one)

"i got it.", taehyung clutched onto his knife, walking towards the solo biter.

he could hear its bones cracking as it limped closer and closer to taehyung, its hands reached out in front, hungry for the man's flesh.

as he walked closer, he observed the older looking biter. his skin was covered in blood, well, the skin that wasn't dragging down from the decay.

he had straggly hair and maniacal eyes that burned with hunger and madness. his teeth looked as if he tried chomping on a line of tombstones, his breath smelling of vomit from a drunken alcoholic.

it growled and hissed, a few inches away from the man, desperately wanting to get his flesh filled teeth onto taehyung.

disgusted, he placed his arm on the biter's chest, it protesting and struggling to get past the honey, tan skinned arm.

taehyung rose his knife and drove it deep into the biter's skull, the sound of flesh tearing and blood dripping sounding normal and refreshing to him.

the biter stopped moving, its limbs and head dropping its weight onto taehyung, who pushed the biter back and sighed, looking past the roads and trees.

he didn't know what day it was, what time it was, or who he was anymore.

his wavy black hair fell down his forehead, bringing out his sparkling hazel eyes which glistened in the sun.

his face was defined, his skin having a natural tan glow, along with a silver hoop necklace that he's had since before the outbreak.

he didn't feel that sudden paralysis of fear or his heart thumping when he saw a few biters. he was used to it by now.

but, a herd? oh, a herd was something different.

he was lucky to have never faced one.

it made him laugh. twenty one years of living, to have to end up dealing with scary creatures and people he hasn't even met before.

he looked back to his group, only five of them, their faces showing exhausting expressions.

"there should be a house up north, about five miles from here. we should stop and rest.", taehyung looked at the "leader" of their group, someone he had to pretend to admire.

"no, we're not stopping.", he ignored and walked past taehyung, his ak forty seven hanging behind his back.

"kai, we've been walking for hours. it's probably going to get dark soon and-"

"we are not stopping.", kai snapped, glaring at taehyung while the pair's faced were inches away from each other.

"tell me exactly where we're even going.", taehyung's knife was resting next to his thigh, gripped in his hand.

"we're looking for guns.", kai answered, continuing to walk.

taehyung scoffed, "so we're walking and having trouble staying awake, just for guns? we have enough. what we should be looking for is shelter."

kai turned around to face the group that hasn't moved, "we're doing what i say and that's final. and taehyung, i would shut the hell up if i were you."

taehyung rolled his eyes and looked at the group next to him, "aren't you going to say something?"

the three men and two women stood quiet, glancing at kai before looking at the road.

they've seen what kai could do. they see how aggressive and dominant he was. but, he helped them stay alive.

and that's all they needed.