3

"found some more guns and ammo. should be good for a while." min yoongi walked through the fence that jungkook unlocked, a bag hanging from his hand.

his black hair fell down his forehead, matched with his solid black shirt and black jeans.

"no food or water?"  jungkook questioned as the two walked to the house.

"not in the area."

as the two walked into the house, jungkook stopped yoongi.

"someone is here. i want you to watch him tonight. he could be a threat, or could just be some stranger."

yoongi scoffed, "i gotta babysit, now?"

"just for the night. i'll think of something final in the morning."

yoongi ran his hands through his hair, "alright. where's jimin?"

"his room. he's not agreeing with keeping the man here, so tell him to calm the hell down." jungkook answered before walking off to his room, the handcuffed male in his mind.

he looked perfect. from his beautiful features to his plumped lips.

he should have killed him. should have eliminated him already.

but, maybe kim could be of some use.

"tell us one reason why we shouldn't kill you right now."

morning came by, the sunlight peaking through the window, waking taehyung up.

his back and neck hurt, due to him not getting any bed last night.

he looked at jungkook with soft eyes. he wanted to know why he was the way that he was. why they were all like this.

taehyung understood that this is the new world. but, that doesn't mean they had to change into animals.

he thought of his little talk with yoongi last night.

last night...

yoongi walked through the office door, turning on the lamp light and seeing the man handcuffed on the floor.

"are you gonna be my babysitter?" taehyung looked at the pale man, who stood by the door.

yoongi investigated taehyung, not finding any reason that jungkook should kill him.

he's been through a lot. he knows what kind of bad people are out there and what kind of good people are out there, if there were any left.

"i'm not looking for conversation. go to sleep." yoongi turned off the lamp and walked his way to the leather chair behind the desk.

the two couldn't see each other. although the lamp light was on, it didn't help the completely dark atmosphere around them.

"is he going to kill me?" taehyung whispered, yet, loud enough for yoongi to hear.

"i told you-"

"i just want to know."

yoongi sighed, "i don't know. he might."

"why? what does he even gain from killing me?"

"survival." yoongi simply responded, crossing his arms and putting them behind his head.

"what?"  taehyung didn't understand.

"look, in this world, no one can be trusted. not even someone who pleaded for their life."

he continued, "there isn't any civilization left. and where there's no civilization, people go crazy. and people try to kill."

"and we had to survive. survive being out there with sickos."