4

taehyung gathered his strength and inhaled, holding his stomach, as all of his walking just about drained everything inside of him.

he opened the office door and slowly walked out of the room, closing it after him.

he looked to the right of him, seeing a set of double doors, in which he predicted lead to outside, as he can see the sunlight's rays shining on the floor.

he could just run out and don't look back. maybe grab a gun and find more supplies, then just leave.

but, he knew it would not be that easy.

he turned to the left to see a long hallway, doors on either sides of the walls.

he took in the design of the house. the brown walls were holding together, matched with the vintage ceiling.

the house looked plain, nothing being really special or showing signs that someone lived here.

he walked a few steps down, seeing the first door to the left.

standing in front of the door, he looked down at the doorknob and questioned if he should just walk in or knock.

oh, who cares? it's not like jungkook would shoot him just because he didn't knock.

he twisted the knob and peeked into the room, seeing the oh, so famous jeon jungkook lying on his bed, his arms crossed behind him as he stared at the ceiling.

"you wanted to see me?" taehyung closed the door, keeping his arms behind him as he kept them on the doorknob.

he decided to stay his distance, as he figured jungkook was the type to stare you down or smother you until you crack.

"lock the door." jungkook said, taehyung raising his eyebrows.

he didn't know what jungkook had in mind, but he definitely didn't want the door locked.

but, of course he did so anyway.

"come here."

following jungkook's command, he walked to the side of the bed, next to a brown nightstand.

jungkook then sat up, moving to the edge of the bed and sitting down, taehyung backing up to give space.

taehyung felt awkward. with jungkook's hawking stare planted on him, he stared at the brown nightstand.

he just couldn't look him in the eyes.

"you called me in here to stare at me?" taehyung broke the silence and crossed his arms.

"just trying to see how you survived out there. how you managed to make it out of all people." jungkook leaned back on his hands.

"what's that supposed to mean?"

"exactly what i said."

"i'm skilled and i have a reason to live." taehyung didn't enjoy the way jungkook's gaze never left his eyes.

"oh yeah? what's the reason?"

"my business." taehyung accidentally sassed, forgetting that jungkook could literally kill him at this very second.

jungkook nodded, smirking at taehyung's attitude.

he then stood up, stepping closer to taehyung, who oppositely stepped backwards, backing straight into the tan wall.

taehyung believed that jungkook didn't believe in personal space or small bubbles.

"i would say everything in this house is my business, coming from the fact that i'm the boss and i could drive a knife into that pretty little throat of yours." jungkook traced his thumb along taehyung's throat.