chapter one!

𝕶𝖎𝖓𝖌, 𝖔𝖓𝖊

*    *    *

*    *    *

( 𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖆𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖓𝖎𝖆 )

Isabelle caught a ride from Lydia on their way home from Senior Scribe. After a very quick goodbye to the rest of the McCall pack, she was ready to put as much distance between them as she could (which was going to be hard when her mother kept the house next to Stiles when she and her father went through divorce).

The best friends wanted to spend as much time together as they could and catch up on what had been happening in each of their lives ("Any boys?" Lydia asked slyly. Elle frowned. "Lyds we called nearly every day, I'd have mentioned a boy if I had time for one!"). It was nice for her to have her best friend back in person. Being away from Lydia for so long had been hard but Elle knew she had to come back at the right time.

Isabelle made it back inside the house she hadn't stepped foot in since she first left. She was surprised that her mother was still awake by the time she got back. They too hadn't seen each other since she left. She had stayed in contact briefly until she was told about the divorce. They called a couple times a fortnight but nothing major. Marie just wanted to know her daughter was safe.

The mother and daughter reunited slightly awkwardly but spent the best part of the early morning catching up and helping Elle settle back in and unpack ready for her first day.

Marie left Elle alone by two o'clock in the morning. Elle took the time to finish setting up her room with protective wards and enchantments she had learnt on her time away. She was particularly careful with hiding the talisman she had regained possession of earlier that night. Her eyes glowed a bright blue as she mumbled under her breath. The box the talisman was placed in held a golden hue, sealing it shut as if it never opened.

*    *    *

Stiles was stood in his father's office at the station on the morning of his first day as a senior. "I know his family left town around the time Theo was nine or ten, his older sister died in an accident when he was eight."

"Please go to school." The sheriff begged his son.

"Dad, this kid's a werewolf." Stiles reminded his father.

"Your best friend is a werewolf. You are dating a werecoyote. I'm still don't know what Kira's supposed to be. When the flying monkeys come soaring through this station, you will have my undivided attention. Until then, just go to school."