Opulent Heart (@Feathertouch31)

Opulent HeartNoragami (@Feathertouch31)ONGOINGReviewed: 21 August 2020

Opulent Heart
Noragami (@Feathertouch31)
ONGOING
Reviewed: 21 August 2020

Links:
Wattpad: https://my.w.tt/0uHb8vcvg9

Summary:

"Blue or aqua marine? No no but if I use this....." I heard someone murmuring. I searched the source of the voice. A guy was sitting few steps away from me. He was holding a small book in one hand and a pencil in other.

•••••••••••••••••••••

Harvey lives in a dorm away from home. But as soon as Harvey comes back home , a new set of discoveries and revealing of past scars awaits her.Dive into the journey of Harvey overcoming struggles and fighting them head on with the help of her loved family, friends and a special someone....

....................

Nicky's Review:

Opening (9/10):
I love the title and the book cover. Very nice choices. I love the summary: how it started with an 'excerpt' from the story and then follow up with the summary of the story. It is short and concise but it gives this suspense to the story about what happened to Harvey and what is her dark past. The cover is also simple and pleasing to the eye. There is not a lot going on although I would like to something more in it to kinda tell the story.

Plot Structure (7/10) 
So far, I liked the plot. The plot structure is clear and I know what is going on in the story. The characters and the setting were explained in the first few chapters of the story and the story is relatable to many people. I also love how this story is about finding herself and fighting against the past. While I do like where the story is going, some parts are a bit confusing. I felt as if there are missing pieces that are missing in the story that was not fully told yet. More will be explained in the 'Chapter Delivery' section.

Characters (9/10):
Great, great descriptions of the characters. I also liked how the author introduced the characters in the story. Harvey is very relatable and the author make the readers care for her and her journey. The question "Why is Harvey even relevant in the story" was answered and it is one of the most important parts in a story. Personally, there seemed to be a lot of characters that I need to follow with in the first few chapters and it  may be just me but I tend to mix up the characters.

Chapter Delivery (8/10):
The chapter lengths were great and there were little grammar errors. There was details about what is happening and I can feel the emotions sometime of what Harvey has gone through. There is also good amount of suspense that make the reader wants to continue reading. I liked the descriptions in chapter 1. It is a good start and it ends with this suspense. The descriptions are amazing in the story, making things feel alive in some way. There are suspense and the story flows at a quick pace. However, in chapter 4 "Royal Blue Invitation", I would like more descriptions. Like more about Harvey's feelings and what her aunt and uncle looked at that time. In the beginning, I got confused when the uncle starts talking because I didn't know he was in the scene. Set a scene for the readers. In the chapter 'Grubbles brings Trouble', I feel like the dream Harvey had should be put up in the front and tell the reader that it was back to school in the beginning rather than having the, guess about it and then say it in the middle of the story. As for the wedding and the way how her family treated her, gave more details about her feelings and how she fought through it. Basically, more descriptions of her feelings and her surroundings.

Creativity (10/10):
So far, I had not yet read a story like this. This story is very interesting and creative. I also liked the concept of the story.

Overall (43/50):
I would recommend anyone this book. It is a refreshing and very interesting story. I also liked the concept of the story. Harvey is very relatable and the author successfully made the readers feel a connection and care to the story. The author also made the reader feel invested in the story by making Harvey real. There are some great descriptions that made the story feel alive and real. Great suspense and great flow of the story.

Your thoughts?