When Spring Ends (@YeetleBeetle)

When Spring EndsscLera (@YeetleBeetle)ONGOINGReviewed: 22 August 2020

When Spring Ends
scLera (@YeetleBeetle)
ONGOING
Reviewed: 22 August 2020

Links:
Wattpad: https://my.w.tt/Sr08eOXvg9

Summary:

Shion has long known that she was in a game world - a specific type of game world that was more of an annoyance than anything else. To her misfortune, the game's story takes place at Marivik Academy: her higher education location. This game has it all: a heroine, her love interests, and, naturally, the villainess. So, what does someone who simply wishes for a normal, peaceful, UNgame-like life do? Avoid the main characters, of course.

This didn't seem too difficult at first, considering Shion's character designation. However, with the opportunity for slacking at stake - one that involves teamwork with complete strangers - Shion might have more to worry about than just the main characters.

....................

Nicky's Review:

Opening (9/10):
I like the the summary, cover, and the title. They are original and catch the readers attention. I feel like try to make the title, the cover, and the summary all tied together. Also, I like the summary but I also felt that it was a bit... detailed. Like, the main character Shion is this mob character in this otome game. However, she didn't want to be involved with the heroine, villainess, and the love interest. Give some suspense to the story like, instead of saying she need to work in the team with random strangers, maybe just write something like 'fate have other plans for her' or something like that. Don't give the plot to the readers!

Plot Structure (8/10):
I like the idea of the the story. The setting and the characters were set in the first few chapters. I can see where the story is going. I would however, let the reader know what world is the story taking place around the first few chapters. The plot flows well and I can see that you are slowly working towards the adventure and the 'start' of the story.

Characters (10/10):
I like the characters. Great descriptions and details. The characters fit into the story and they make the story interesting. Everyone can relate to someone in the story. The characters are described as if they were real people. I love the way how you write Shion. Shion is very relatable and likeable. She is the one that keep the readers invested in the story. I also love how the heroine and the male interest are not like the stories that I had read under a similar topic. They are actually likable. Shion is also not like the normal female lead of these type of stories.

Chapter Delivery (8/10):
The story is very detailed and I love the descriptions given in the story. The beginning of the story catches the readers attention. It brings the story to life and make the readers felt as if they were living in the story. I also love the jokes in the story. It makes me laugh and it is enjoyable. It also keeps the story interesting and fun to read. I also get the jokes in the story, which is amazing because if the readers don't understand it, it is kinda like a waste of words. However, I felt like at some points in the story, there were not a lot of descriptions. The chapter lengths are not too long and not too short. There were also little grammar errors.

Creativity (10/10):
A very creative story. I like it. It is interesting and unique. I haven't read a book similar to it. Living in an otome game, sure, but you make the story unique.

Overall (45/50):
I like the story and I would recommended to others. The story is interesting, detailed and clear. The descriptions were amazing as I can imagine it in my mind. I was able to relate to Shion and I was able to empathize with the character. The author is able to tell the readers why they should care for the story and invest in it through connections with the characters in the story. The characters in the story were likable and nit exaggerated and throughout the book, I get to know them slowly and I learned something new about them in every chapter.

Your thoughts?