Prologue

"Welcome back students to your eight year at Hogwarts.

"Because of your smaller year-group numbers, some things are going to be done differently. For example, I, Professor McGonagall, will be your head of year. You shall address any concerns to me. Also, last night will be your last in the traditional dormitories for a while. From now on, you will be in rooms of two, for reasons I will explain later. I trust you will be sensible with these new arrangements, but I will not hesitate to stick you back in dorms like first years.

"I know many of you will be wondering why you are all here in my classroom when you should have a lesson. The main change for you this year, will be the addition of a compulsory Health and Wellbeing class. It is clear to me that some of you are severely lacking in these skills and since you are all practically adults, the faculty decided something needed to be done about that. You will all have one hour a week of this class, in this timeslot on your timetable, with the whole year group together.

"This brings me to today's topic; The Baby Project. For the next month, you will be looking after a fake baby. However, just because the baby is fake, don't think it will be easy. The doll has been enchanted to look and behave exactly as a 3-month old would. In pairs you will attempt to look after this doll for 1 month, starting today.

"You will be allowed to pick your partner and from now on roommate. You will be living with this person as being a parent is a certainly a 24/7 job. I recommend it is someone you are close to, as you will need strong cooperation and this next month will be incredibly difficult for both of you. You can pick anyone, platonic or romantic, regardless of gender. The best parents aren't always the stereotypical, heterosexual couple.

"Once you are paired up, I will give each couple a baby and you will have one week off lessons to adapt to your new lifestyle, after which you will be expected to continue your studies as usual. I will be able to monitor your doll and see how each team is doing. Do not underestimate the size of this challenge.

"You may now choose your partner; remember, pick carefully.

"And eight years, it is good to see you back. I wish you the best of luck."

A/N - Welcome to my fanfic!!

Hi guys, thank you so much for picking this one, idk why you did, the cover's so ugly (my editing skills suck ahah) but thank you anyway.

I hope you enjoy reading this. I used my many hours reading Drarry to pick out the best bits of all the fanfiction I've read to write something I would like to read.

Please vote (the little star at the bottom of the page) and comment- I literally get so excited, I love hearing what you guys think. I'll always try to reply to any comments.

I hope you enjoy and I'll see you at the end xx