Chapter 17

DAY 20

DRACO MALFOY

I don't know where the last three weeks went. We have to give up our babies tomorrow. I'm not ready, I don't know how I can. I try to put it out of my mind and try to think of anything else. Dinner was a sombre affair, everyone already beginning to mourn the loss of their babies. Harry squeezes my hand under the table and I know he's there for me.

We've been together for about a week now; it's been the best week of my life. No one else knows. Actually, that's a lie, Harry told Neville but he's actually been good at keeping it a secret so far.

"So what do you guys have planned for tonight? I for one think our experiment in parenthood should go out with a bang."

Pansy looks around the sullen table, grim faces staring back at her.

"Ouch you all look miserable. I know! Let's have another truth or dare night in the room of requirement. We can bring the children; I know you'll won't want to be apart from them. Please it'll be so much fun!!"

Granger starts to speak, but before she can get very far, pansy interrupts her.

"Hermin, don't worry, I wasn't going to suggest drinking again, I'm not that irresponsible. And you can be home early to get your beauty sleep. I just think we shouldn't waste tonight wallowing in our rooms."

"I'm in." Harry says, much to my surprise, "It'll be a nice distraction from everything that will happen in the morning."

Slowly but surely, all of the other couples around the table agree.

"Great, I'll see you losers in the room of requirement at 7 o' clock. "

---

We arrive a few minutes early, Harry carrying a sleeping Jamie in his arms. I doubt he'll put him down the whole evening. We sit next each other on one of the couches, Harry rests his head against my shoulder. I know as soon as any of the others arrive, he'll have to move it. But for now, it feels so good, like we're a proper little family.

The others arrive and all file in around the room of requirement. It's a similar set up to last time, couches and beanbags arranged in a vague circle, but this time there's a couple baby bouncers thrown in the mix and a few cots in the corner. The room of requirement really does know what it's doing.

Hermione casts whatever truth spell she did last time. That makes me a little nervous, but I figure, what's the worst that can happen?

Obviously, Pansy is the one who starts the game,

"Okay, lets ease you guys in easy, Ginny I dare you to make out with the person of your choice."

Ginny, without missing a beat, leaps down on to her partners lap, grabs Luna face and presses it against her own.

After a second of silence, everyone starts clapping. Well everyone except Ron, who is clearly not thrilled at having to watch his baby sister act like that. Even Harry joins in with the applause and I'm glad to see that he is way over his past with Ginny.

"Okay I'll guess we can just leave them to it, I mean, who didn't see that coming?" Pansy narrates, like some kind of game show host. "Potter, an actual easy question for you because you were the first to agree to my plans, what was your favourite thing about the last three weeks."

"Malfoy" I hear him say and my heart flutters at my name. I don't think he's really given anything away though; he could've easily have meant it in a platonic way.

"Malfoy is my favourite fucking thing ever." He continues, clearly under the influence of Granger's spell. "He's amazing, and a great father, and have you seen how freaking hot he is?!"

Well shit.

All eyes stare straight at us. For some reason, Harry decides to end his little speech by kissing my cheek, as if it wasn't explicit enough already.

Then its as if he wakes up from the truth-telling trance that being under the spell put him in and he realises what he just said.

"Shit" He looks at me, trying to gauge my reaction and apologise for outing us both.

A heavy silence envelopes the room, everyone just stares. Until Pansy finally speaks,

"I. Fucking. Knew. It. Didn't I tell you like last week Blaise, I said there was something going on there and you didn't believe me. Ha I told you so."

Then everyone starts talking. It's impossible to hear everything. There's snippets about the quidditch match, about my sexuality, about our room. My heart begins to race in my chest, I hate feeling so vulnerable like this, having so many people judge me at once.

Harry somehow senses this and grabs my hand. I panic for a second before remembering that people know now. I'm free to meet his eyes for as long as I want. This moment might not be ideal, but I know it's all worth it for him.

Anyway, the attention isn't on us for very long. Harry's high-pitched shriek pulled me out of my head and to the scene before me.

Weasley was down on one knee in front of Hermione who was standing on shaking legs, hyperventilating. My eyes widened and I look over at Potter who grabs my hand, already in tears. The rest of the room sat in stunned silence, amazed and excited to be witnessing this.

"Hermione, I've loved you since we first met. We've been through so much together and I want to live the rest of my life with you, whatever challenges lie our way. The next few years won't be easy, the last three weeks have taught us that much but I promise to stay by your side. Always. I love you and don't want to imagine my life without you.

"Hermione Granger will you marry me?"

A/N: i freaking love this chapter and i really hope you guys do too x