Chapter 15

DAY 14

DRACO MALFOY

Dinner that night was agony. It was impossible to act normal when your whole world had been flipped upside down.

No one else around the table knew yet and we had both agreed to keep it that way.

I just didn't know how hard that would be.

We couldn't be too cold with each other; they would certainly notice that after how close we'd been recently. But we couldn't exactly start making out again, that would give them a little bit of a hint.

The balance was impossible to find so we just threw ourselves into baby talk. Between us, we taught Jamie the name of every single bit of food on the table. We organised playdates with the others' children, just to have something to talk about.

Under the table however, we held hands. A small sign of what we had between us.

The general conversation around the table was obviously about the afternoon's quidditch match. The Slytherins were ecstatic to have won and they (especially Pansy) were thoroughly enjoying rubbing it in the Gryffindor's faces.

"Bet you had a great time this afternoon Potter, watching your old team get so miserably defeated."

"I had a great time Pansy, thank you for asking" Harry replied, sickly sweet.

She faltered slightly, not used to not getting a reaction off someone, "Draco, what did you do to him? Haven't you spent the entire afternoon bulling him for loosing? Come on Malfoy I'm disappointed. Do I have to bully all the Gryffindor's around here?"

Beneath the oak table, Potter squeezes my hand. I don't dare look at him but I can't help but smile. We really did have a great afternoon.

Luckily Weasley's baby interrupts the quidditch conversation and any potential questions about our little detour on the way back to the castle, by lobbing a spoonful of mashed potato straight at Pansy's head. Ron laughs and gently, pats Daisy on the back, much to her delight. Hermione was clearly torn; a part of her knowing she should be strict and tell her daughter off, a part of her wanting to laugh at Pansy's misfortune.

The rest of us, including our babies, laugh. From our reaction, it was kind of evitable that someone else's baby would be encouraged. Of course, it was Dean and Seamus' baby who would throw a gravy-soaked piece of chicken right into the Weaslette's hair.

Never one to back down from a challenge, Ginny didn't miss a beat and before long, our entire table was a mess of food and drink. A symphony of laughter and splatters of food fill our little round table.

I looked up at Harry, a single strand of spaghetti dangling across his eyes and couldn't help but smile.