Chapter 11

HARRY POTTER

It had been a couple nights now since we had gotten Jamie back and thankfully, he had settled back into our old routine. He'd even gotten used to coming to class with us. He was beginning to sleep a little better as he was getting older too- one time he even slept through the night. When I first woke up that next morning, I started freaking out that something must be wrong, he would never sleep that long. But when I checked, he was still breathing gently away in his little crib.

I hadn't expected parenting to make me this neurotic, but now all I see is potential hazards. Every corner, every staircase, even objects like wands have become daggers and cliffs in my eyes. I could actually understand some of Mrs Weasley's irrationally.

I was on my lying on my bed reading... well, pretending to read at least. The words kept blurring on the page, my mind actually wanting to focus on the two blonde boys sitting on the carpet beside me.

Draco was (very unsuccessfully) trying to show Jamie how to build a tower out of small, wooden building blocks. It was such a cute scene, to hear my roommate babbling away to our baby, who was very much enjoying himself.

Draco was trying way too hard to construct elaborate structures from the little blocks. Unfortunately for him, Jamie seemed to make a game of knocking down the towers, laughing gleefully to himself as he did. It was obviously Draco was wanting to play with the blocks by himself, without our tiny Godzilla, even if he would never admit it.

A laugh escapes my mouth as another of Draco's towers comes crashing down.

Both of the blonde boys look up to me; Draco staring daggers, Jamie grinning ear-to-ear.

"Ignore daddy," Draco says, "He's just trying to be a d- well not a very nice person" he says pulling Jamie closer onto his lap.

Wanting to be a part of this moment, I put my book down and slide onto the floor, sitting cross-legged with them.

"I think other daddy just wants to play with your toys, he doesn't quite understand that they don't belong to him. I think he needs to learn to share."

Draco rolls his eyes in the most dramatic way possible. "Shut up Potter.", he laughs.

I try to ignore the butterflies in my stomach.

Jamie laughs too, before pointing at me and looking at up Draco.

"Dada"

I stare at Draco, a huge grin forming on my face.

He stares back, equally amazed, "Did he just...?"

"Jamie!! Well done, that's amazing, yes I'm dada!!!" I gush, my eyes almost filling with tears and excitedly wrap my arms around him and Draco. It's crazy how just one word can fill my heart with such pride.

To my surprise, Draco hugs me back, also lost in the moment for a millisecond before he remembers himself and leans back away from me.

"Come on, give it up Malfoy" I say, mentally thinking 'screw it'. Surely this moment isn't the one to be preserving childish feuds.

This unsurprisingly takes him by surprise. However, I wasn't expecting him to actually do as I say and he hugs me back tightly.

"You do know Jamie meant me right?" Draco says from over my shoulder as our child giggles gently from the centre of our hug.