Three

My bakery is what keeps my family alive. I'm serious, besides Allen stealing from his victims, which wasn't much. Well, I love selling my cupcakes to anyone who bought it, and I would gladly watch them suffer from afar.

~*~*~

I woke up in my bed, my back a little numb and painful. François must have hit on me hard again. At least it was a pleasant night!

I found him with his arm around my waist, snoring away. I smiled as I got out of his grip and went into the bathroom for a shower. A quick one before I changed into a white button up shirt, a pink vest, brown dress pants, dress shoes and to top it off, my neon blue bow tie. I combed my hair a bit before I gave a quick peck on François' forehead before I went down, grabbed my burned cupcakes I've baked the night before, and headed to the bakery.

Once I've set everything right and made sure the place was spotless clean, I turned the sign on the door to 'open'. Although I've opened late, I had a gut feeling that something would happen, and it wouldn't be nice.

As usual I baked normal cupcakes in the bakery kitchen, just so that I don't have to waste my ingredients and just in case my customers don't want the bloodied types.

As I've set the freshly baked cupcakes up for display, the bell dinged, signalling that I've got a customer.

I went to the counter and asked,"Hello, poppet! Is there anything you need?" She replied,"Actually, I've been looking for a bakery that sells custom made cupcakes. Do you do that?" I nodded. It's rare if a customer asks for one specially made, but all the same it is to me as long as I get to bake!

She took a piece of paper and handed it to me then left with these words hanging in the air,"I'll collect it this evening."

I read the contents of the paper and couldn't help but smile like a maniac. This poppet is surely in for trouble.

I gladly burned the paper as I made the batter with a 'special recipe'. I wouldn't want details, some might say that baking is boring. Oh well!

In between baking I got a few other customers. They collect their cupcakes, I collect the cash. And I could imagine them gagging when they taste the poison. Oh they're not fatal! They're my special mixture which makes the eater or drinker feel like he's dying but in fact he isn't! Now don't ask how I made it. I don't want charges upon me for teaching kids how to make dangerous stuff.

Once the cupcakes were done, I placed on one of them a little flag, for the fun of it! The poppet did came during evening, and collected the cupcakes. She paid me and said,"Keep the change." What a lovely poppet. I wonder what she'll be doing with those cupcakes of mine.

I closed the bakery and made sure the door was securely locked before going up to my house. Whatever I've earned today I kept in a box with a padlock. When I've started the bakery decades ago, François would take the money to buy boxes of cigarettes and women(we were married, but I was less aware of it) while young Allen would use it for his own purposes. Which is why there's a padlock! Well, I'm not too sure if Matt involved himself as well in 'stealing-dad's-money' since he would always be out in the woods. Though I suspect he used the money to buy weapons. Now if they want the money, they have to ask me because I hold the key and kept in somewhere in the house(basement which is under the bakery). Confused about my house? You should be.

I took a quick shower and went to the lounge where Allen was lazily flipping through channels while Matt was napping on the couch.

Then I proceeded with making dinner for my family. I've always received complaints from Allen when I don't make food the way he likes it because he's vegetarian and he hates my cupcakes. I'm used to it.

Dinner wasn't quiet as always. As François ate silently, Allen and Matt would argue with each other like married couples and I would butt in every single time I hear a curse word. Which is well, pretty much nearly every second.

As I washed the dishes, I heard the door opened and closed. Must be one of them going out to do their some sort business.

But I got it wrong, but it's a good thing I suppose, as I heard a cheerful and girlish British voice said,"Guess who's here!"

I popped my head out from the kitchen doorway and smiled,"Hello there, Olivia!" She skipped towards me and gave me a bear hug,"I miss you, Ollie!" "I miss you too, my dear little sister!"

Then I heard François said,"Bonjour, Françesca." That's when I noticed someone else at the hallway. I smiled at my sister-in-law,"Hello, Françesca!" "Bonjour, Oliver." She replied in a thick French accent.

I swear I heard two gasps from the living room.