A Dark And Snuggly Night | Show

Thanks to chocoqueen29 for giving me this writing prompt. 😊

_______________________________________

"We'll be home in about forty minutes! Will you relax?" Kai yelled into his phone while driving with one hand on the wheel, trying to keep the car from jumping off the road.

"I would relax if you would just stop at someplace. A storm is brewing and there's gonna be a lot of rain and snow," Nya's worried voice sounded at the other end. "Please! It's dangerous to drive at two in the morning, let alone driving in a storm!"

"Alright, alright," Kai grumbled. "We'll find a place to stay for the night. Just . . . go to sleep, will you?"

Some shuffling could be heard as Nya argued with someone before a completely different voice spoke, "Don't worry about Nya, Kai. She's just paranoid. Me and Jay will make sure she goes to sleep and does not stay up the whole night worrying about you."

Kai smiled as he turned the car towards the right. "Thanks a bunch, Lloyd. We'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight!"

There was a chorus of three goodnight's from the other end before Lloyd hung up. The Master of Fire sighed as he placed his phone on the dashboard. His sister could be very overprotective of him at times even though it was supposed to be the other way round.

Kai leaned forward and tried to look at the sky through the windshield. The sky was dark so he couldn't see if there were clouds forming or not but the absence of the moon and stars was enough to convince him. Besides, if Nya said that there was a snow storm, then she must be right. She always was.

He heard a yawn from the seat next to him. He turned his head and smiled at Skylor who was leaning her head against the fogged up window, trying hard to stay awake.

"Sleepy?" he asked, taking his eyes off the road momentarily to look at her.

"And cold," the redhead replied sleepily, shivering. She pulled on the fur lined cuffs of her black coat, hiding her hands in them.

Kai shivered slightly as well. It was too cold. Not even the heater was working up to its expectations. Maybe Nya was right. Maybe they should try to find a place for the night.
He reached out and took one of Skylor's hand in his own, warming it up with his fire. "Better?"

She raised an eyebrow and smirked. "I can do that myself, thank you."

Kai felt a very feeble tug on his hand, the one which was holding Skylor's. She let go and leaned back into her seat. She held up her hands as if she was praying and a few seconds later a small flame erupted between them.
She threw a triumphant glance at the brunet who chuckled and said, "See! I'm so useful!"

Skylor rolled her eyes good-naturedly. She brought her flaming hands close to her face to warm herself. "I'm sorry I had to drag you into this," she said, looking at Kai.

The boy shrugged. "Nah, it's okay. If anything I feel good that you turned to me. We've already been distant what with Aspheera raining fire on Ninjago and Zane becoming an emperor in another realm," Kai replied, chuckling nervously at the memory. "At least we got to spend a little time together."

He glanced at the redhead who was thankful it was dark in the car otherwise her red face would be a sight to see.

Chen's Noodle House had decided to open up another outlet in a small town two hours away from Ninjago City. Skylor -being the head of it all- had to go and sign papers and stuff.
She had thought it wouldn't hurt to have Kai take her and even though she didn't want to admit it, she was hoping to spend some quality time with him. Which is exactly what they did. The selfies in her phone was all the proof the world needed.