Chapter Three The Introduction

The previous day the press roamed around the pinnacle's house probably the Lane House as a signpost heading to it showed. The whole nation was waiting for the speech from the president. The chaps in the prisons were utmost unsettled and insecure.
Death row bill was always a disgusting bill as it surpassed the previous cabinet and in any country . Law was meant to punish but who either transcribed it on paper as a suggestion of death to anyone taken for a death penalty. The penalty seemed a heavy load to carry to one once given this silly offer.
Every head was so anxious waiting for the president's statement that would free all ugly criminals on death row and those looking forward to face the death statement or a case of sentence. The last month had taken with it 206 suspects and 102 criminals to the dark dungeons. Each had a similar case with the other. Old men-- I don't know how it looks for a man worth 60-70 years of age to shed two or three for his life. One life, yes always it's one life but he anxiously lived more than one life. You see cowards live long but die numerously, these offenders too lived mob lives to make a day of judgement. Life at home, school if any attended then prison where judgement had put estimated life spans that would be de-activatated by the president. May be a they would feel too happy.
--------------------------------------

All I thought was the thousands, millions in their home bases waiting for the intake to collide or subsidise their notaries and let their family members walk out freely or may be live eternity in prison. These dark walls filled with many scarely quatations and drawings by hard hearted men who never compromised with any, not even God.
Norah Feitton, a widow, exactly not a widow but she lived a life of solitude for almost twenty years! with no husband! I don't know how it felt in her mind and heart, actually, schizophrenia only then paranoia and all complications that came that way. On the verge of the country, she went ahead with different protestors, prosecutors to decampaign the death row. The war was so hard to win and the final decision was to be put down today! No one anticipated but everyone said it loud in the hearts, today, today.
Ms. Norah, in her early gauge of love, or call it marriage, no it's fornication as far as her age went by that time. At 20 years she was in for marriage, high school was all a mess then the mum sent her into exile, just out of her house. At first she thought prison to Mr Feitton was a deception but it turned out being a nuisance and a regret. With a low educated lawyer, the prosecutor made it hard for them [The Feittons] to go innocent till the death sentence was pronounced. The affidavit was signed by him, no trial, the federal court led by Justice Mazer couldn't let another rowed man with no money [ransom] go out innocent. If money was in place trust me he would be free with his wife of 40 years now and their 18 year old girl.
----------------------------------

Traffic got worse on the road heading to the National Square, vehicles of every type Toyotas, Mazdas, Chevrolets all of black in most locations parked grievously in the road, no passage. No laners, no pedestrians could walk through freely. The thud from the crowd grew stronger and louder as the congregation gathered more and more. Of about 10000 cars were pulled over there. No entrance. Human traffic infront and the back motor traffic, chaos was much. I think a melee was next up on the uninvited schedule for the National Square, just anxious minds. Getting more jeopardised at the counsel.
At noon, the National counsel was aired on Tv and everyone just as before stood stunted to wait for the proclamation "The bill! The bill! If God gave us life, to take care of it and judge it, that's our own life. But did he give us a right to take away another person's life" Pastor Jackson yelled from his stand in the area it seemed no one ever got to hear him, just a few heard but never got it serious.
Justice Mazer went on row first communicated for about half an hour then got off stage. The platform was empty so the TVs went for a short break. Whereas the Square the mob was uncontrollable, the men were shouting and throwing disregards with 'boos' 'boos' and the feminine went out out of hand when they began lifting off their scuffs and any light cloth to show their disbelief and discontent of the Mazer speech.
It left many weary but a chance was still in for them.
At exactly, a half past one the Almighty was ridden forth in his $500,000 Rolls Royce complete of the tax payer's money. Necessity was there, to wave and chatter him out in the crowd so it was done. The cameras were now focused on him only. Only him. Every camera, BTV, KYTV and many others had their mics thrown at his table as if muskets ready to spit bullets. He cleared his voice and loittered his eyes and turned his head wherever they would take him utmost. He paused at the right hand corner of the Square where majority had stood waiting for the 25th commandment from the Almighty to be cancelled or consented to. He felt proud then he went "Uh, uh, My country is good. God gave us life, God gave us life. In life we make many decisions, good, bad or evil. The good deeds are paid for good though sometimes for bad the bad for good; Hypernymly! I guess we all have atleast laws that govern our homes, churches, schools and industries and whatever we own" The crowd had fallen silent, gravely at the first utterance of " uh uh"
The prisoners at Cologne Metropolitan Prison, one of the prisons in town, noise was heard. The wardens and policemen loittered in and out of the corridors to ensure no movement from the inmates. They were all in a 100 by 200 feet hall with a large screen infront of them and 3 head speakers to project the sound for them. Though bodies were present most minds were upset and off topic. Poor Mr. Feitton. These chaos had sad stories, stories that would make the devil cry. Some staring at the screen, some praying but God forbid who knew the next intervene in the Almighty's word.
"Now in our state everything must go good, like it or not. The bad with bad and good with good." He took a bigger smile, one not compared to the previous ones I had ever seen him do. Do you know it feels to think for millions of people. Then why do you care about them? Nothing, of course, you are in power and they can't let you from your position. So the Almighty passed the death row bill positive. I was in the conference hall, three blocks from the National Square on a screen and I thought about this mistake. A great one.
------------------------------

In the National House [Parliament] every one was astounded at the previous speech. The latest to be aired out in the whole country, the bill was impressive of course .
Half of the hundreds in the house had gone affirmative at the cause then a brawl surely could break out supposing they lost. The whole house would go blaring up like Hell. The click of the bell created a little more or so movements, the seats filled up with in five minutes then dead silence. The previous tribulations made by the Almighty put the whole in a gaze. Though silence dominated mumbles storied from every row and column. As though none was satisfied. Everyone automatically had known what was going to be aired out. I, myself knew what would come next from the president. Worst would come if a riot broke but no signs were pinned apart from the undesired wearily ladies who promised to spike one at any time but it would be suppressed in two or five minutes. How fast this proved?
Having spoken with mighty pride conjuring justice, the Almighty turned around for another nap, not to sleep off but take a round around the square. This time not in his Rolls Royce. Still at this time I was two blocks away from the National Square with some fellows who absolutely calmed in their minds though anything could be changed. Already, the bill was affirmated. Who cared? Did he care neither, no, he went around proudly with no consequence for a prequel and sequel. Just imagine a whole square, just millions gazing at you. He demonically waved his left hand at the crowd. The congregation was so flaccid at the moment but we were all the same. As I felt so grieved the applauses all seemed sad, the groans increased and everything ran bezerk.
The convoy unanimously waited for the Almighty. Of course the clothes clearly outstood him as a prophet of no chance but with a whole country to preach the attrocitiesof the underworld. You the underworld which was intense with diplomatic, dictatorial fire and all kinds of tendencies. I asked myself how the fuck did this man, 'Almighty' bring me next to him yet we never talked much but I was almost a second in hand. He glared at me then a huge gaze with the brown peered eyes like soap bubbles fumbling to leave the socket.
Purely he was a clean soul non-criminal record, even though he had who would take it in him or arrest him. Though a d' etat, no it was impossible at the time, probably, I myself never saw such a plan or even thought about it. Who could even dare to unembrance the peace of a man new to power? The president!! The title purely sounds pure yet in deceit. He was in prime of his rule. Then you dare take it away from him that's a death note.
The convoy sped away at about 120 miles per hour, what a terrible speed. For day I was left out. Then again who minded about moving in a two million dollar convoy, everyone [myself] could work hard out of this man and bully him and get what I wanted. No one surmised of anything wild and I liked that just felt more secure.
------------------------------------

The Cologne inmates really felt half jerked. Some being inmates from the previous reign thought and expected a parole with no affidavit or last trial in about two years but now it was so unsudden. An accident!!! For sure bad luck befell Norah Feitton and the rest of the death row acquintances. God forbid how it feels when you live life with only one expectation and your future is a gallow or a death bed. Death row, spiked more anger in many inmates. Check, fights gradually updated in the cells. One time Charles Broyn was smashed off brains on the wall and the remaining stuck unto the wall. Just bad to look at it and the incarceration all fades away with death. Many just wished for uncertain death other than this brutal death on a noose around your neck and before finishing your last prayer you are on your way to Heaven. Where would you go? Who knew, justice was already abandoned for you on Earth what of Heaven, eternity with God how peaceful was the tranquil journey through the clouds then out of earth, into the orbit, Mars, Saturn, Pluto then you fade into a star. This was the life and emotional thoughts cupped up in the dangerous minds. I had actually walked myself into the Cologne cells and all was a brand new Hell on Earth. The meals [gruel] guess if you would run into a diarrhoea after much cholesterol. Many had abandoned this life and all focus was on the numbered days. It seemed funny when a celler had less numbered ones than the unnumbered just too sarcastic to contemplate about. The bill having passed, Feitton and his mates just trouble was next. What about their wives, little children. Some had an exception of living but those with a sentence of death row. God paid no attention or He paid? No blasphemy!