Chapter 2: A Coliseum Fight

As Techno walked into the coliseum a young boy, obviously hired for the job, handed him a flyer. He was about to throw it away, until he noticed Dream's name and iconic smiley face. But he didn't have time to look at it, he was supposed to be here half an hour ago. His manager would be furious. Sure enough, as he stuffed the paper into his pocket and walked into the waiting room, Wilbur was there, arms crossed, foot tapping. Techno half listened as Wilbur cursed him out for being late. He knew it was important to be timely, but all he was doing was stabbing some nerds foolish enough to think they had a chance, he barely even had to warm up.
"Now get into that changing room and you'd better be ready in five." Wilbur concluded, not wanting to waste more time.
Techno slipped on his iconic outfit, one of the only times it's actually clean, including the bright red coat. To add interest, Wilbur had decided that this time, Techno wouldn't be anonymous, so he left the black cloak hanging on the wall. It had only taken a minute or two, so he used the time to look at Dream's flyer. It was announcing a special event held the next Saturday in the woods just outside the city. Dream was expanding. Side of the road showcases could only get you so far, and he recognized that. He was smart. Techno thought about the slender fighter, the quick wits he'd observed, his tenacity and expressiveness, he would thrive in the woods. Dream's popularity had already been growing exponentially, even the people going to Techno's own events were talking excitedly about him. If this went well, and he was sure it would, there would be no doubt about who was more popular.
"Techno!" Wilbur shouted, barging in. But he rushed passed his manager, already out the door. Grabbing the shiny new sword hanging by the door, Techno stepped out in front of the crowd, more serious and driven than ever before. Wilbur was speechless, but his shock quickly turned to excitement. If he knew anything about Techno, this would be a magnificent blood bath.

The sudden cheering of the crowd around him signified the arrival of Technoblade. Dream turned his head to see along with everyone else. He looked awesome in his iconic outfit, the coat fluttering as he stepped forward. Barely anyone noticed as the other seven competitors nodded at each other, waiting for the starting chime. As the announcer did his speech, Dream continued to look at Technoblade. He was unmoving, in contrast to his usual casual yet confident attitude. He must be serious this time. How thrilling. Suddenly a chime rung through the arena. Techno ran forward, barely a flash on the ground. The seven others scrambled forward, trying to figure out makeshift teamwork.
It was a tough battle. No matter the relative skill, it was hard to defeat seven opponents at once, and with Technoblade exposed, everyone knew exactly what their goal was. However, Techno wouldn't be who he was if he buckled under the pressure. His movements were quick and deadly, his instincts sharp, the battle was over quicker than it'd ever been before.
Dream roared applause along with everyone else. The announcer waited as the applause naturally died down to come out and officially announce the winner. But before he was shuffled off the stage, Technoblade grabbed the microphone from the announcer. The audience quickly quieted down in anticipation.
"Some of you may have heard of Dream. Some people claim that he's better than me." He laughed. "As if. I could beat that nerd anytime, just try and stop me. Technoblade never dies." He gave the microphone back and vanished into the waiting room.
As the crowd went crazy around him, Dream chuckled. How interesting. Techno gave him free promotion, there's no way the manhunt would fail now. He kinda wanted to try it, sign up for the coliseum and try his hand, but he wouldn't, it was too soon. Give it a few months, and it won't just be the talk of the town, or of the city, it'd be the talk of the nation. Dream slipped out the arena grinning.