Chapter 4: The Morning After

Techno woke up at the crack of dawn with a splitting headache. Quickly noticing he was in a strangers house and hung over, he checked his pants. They were still on. Good. The early morning gave the perfect light for him to find the clean water while not making his headache worse. He filled whatever cup was closest and downed it. That felt good. He took another cup full and glanced at the stranger on his bed, lazily flopped on top of the sheets. Still cute even without the alcohol. Embarrassing memories of last night threatened to surface, but Techno was way too tired and still had a headache. He put the half finished cup of water on the nightstand for the stranger and sleepily climbed on top of him, since the bed was barely large enough to carry even one person.

     Dream woke up with the sun shining on his eyes, making his headache worse. He noticed the man curled up on his legs and checked his pants. They were still on. Good. Shading his face, he looked around, there was a cup of water on his nightstand. Huh, so that's why the man was on the bed, he thought. He splashed the water on his face. The pillow would dry. Dream gingerly got out of bed and changed out of his beer soaked clothes. He ate the simplest breakfast he could muster and was ready to go on a run, when he paused. The man had readjusted himself on the bed. Dream walked over and pet his hair. It was greasy and dirty, and a bit sticky from beer, but he didn't mind.
     "Hmm." The man seemed to have woken up. "Who are you?"
     Dream decided against saying his name. "You don't remember last night?"
     "Oh yeah."
     "I'm about to go on a run to cure my headache, wanna come?"
     "Hmmm... sure."
     The man took a while to get up. In retrospect, Dream had plenty of time to make breakfast, but if he did, he wouldn't have seen the man try to sit up for three minutes, or take off his shirt before having a replacement, or bump into things, obviously expecting a bigger space. At last they were ready to run. Despite how groggy he still was, the man was a fast runner, Dream had to try a bit more than usual to keep in the lead before the man got lost. It was good exercise.
     "I feel much better, thanks." The man said while they were walking back.
     "No problem, I've found that a good run is the best hangover cure there is."
     "I believe you."
     Dream walked in awkward silence for a while before asking, "How much of last night do you remember?"

     Techno had never thought that running cures a hangover, but here he was. Not that he had hangovers all that often. Walking back, he really got a good sense of the lush scenery, the flowers of late spring, the sunlight through the tree branches. This guy was lucky to run here every day.
     "How much of last night do you remember?"
     Techno instantly knew what the guy meant. There had been a lot of embarrassing things, most notably the hand holding. But just because he was drunk, didn't mean he didn't like it. "Almost everything." He admitted. "Last thing I remember is being kicked out." The guy next to him blushed a bit. "Something happened didn't it?"
     "Not... really." The guy said. His tone made it sound like something more than hand holding, but not much more. Techno didn't think he needed to know.
     "By the way, thanks for letting me crash at your place. I don't know what I would've done without it."
     "No problem, sorry it was so small."
     When they got back, Techno took his things. "You don't have to return the clothes, I don't need them." The guy said.
     "Alright." The social anxiety was coming back. "Well I'll see you around." That was as good as he could hope. He wasn't looking for a relationship, and they still barely knew each other. They hadn't even exchanged names. If fate allows, he supposed.
     When Techno finally arrived home, he saw Wilbur outside his door. "Techno! I thought you were asleep."
     "I went for a run." He still wasn't sure if he should tell anyone about last night.
     "Oh, ok. Well, I've been brainstorming, and I think I've come up with a solution to the whole Dream debacle."
     "Sweet, come on in, we can discuss it inside." He said, unlocking the door.
     Wilbur's plan was a good one, he could tell he spent a lot of time on it. The problem was the deception. "I say we have a verbal contract, then as soon as you win, we can do our own thing without repercussions. They are still a bunch of ametures after all." Wilbur explained. Techno didn't like it, but it's not like he had any better ideas. "Do you know how to get in contact with them?"
     "I might have an idea."
     "Corn or meat?" The lady at the stall asked.
     "We were actually wondering if you knew those boys who use the space next to your stall." Wilbur said. Techno wouldn't have been able to do this if he tried.
     "Oh yes, the Dream Team they call themselves. Why?"
     "I was wondering how I could get in contact with them." Wilbur smiled, trying to be as innocent as possible with his towering height.
     "Well Dream, the main guy, never told us anything about himself, but George, his friend, was very friendly. I'm to deliver a corn pie later, so he gave me his address."
     "Wonderful, thank you ma'am."
     They arrived at George's house in no time at all. "Do you want to come in with me Techno, because you don't have to." Wilbur asked.
     "Uh, it's alright, I'll hold the meat." He said, taking their purchase from him.
     Wilbur nodded then headed inside, ready to work his negotiating magic.