Chapter 9: Student Government

Sorry for the late update. I've been really busy

I didn't expect this story to even get close to 1k reads! Thank you so much for reading and enjoying my story:)

DISCLAIMER: I don't own ATLA or any of its characters

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Suki sat on her bed, folding clothes and placing them in her suitcase. She had spent the week after the party preparing to go to soccer camp at the University of Kyoshi, and avoiding Sokka. It wasn't that hard. She only had two classes with him, math and science, and during those times, their eyes had only met once, which was one time too many. She had been so excited for the camp before, but now she couldn't stop thinking about Sokka.

Stop it! she thought, you saw that him and Yue are going out. He got over you! You were right! So stop thinking about him! Suki collapsed on her bed. She was skipping school today so she could prepare, but her flight didn't leave until 6 p.m. Her gaze shifted from the ceiling to her phone lying next to her. It was tempting to call him, but Suki shook the thought away.

                                                                                          ~~~

"I can't believe you're starting earthbending in a few days." Katara and Aang sat at the edge of the pool, dabbling their toes in the water before class started.

"I know. I'm kind of nervous," Aang admitted, "Earth is so different than air, so it will probably be a lot harder to learn."

"I'm sure you'll get it, but  I'm just worried about not having waterbending with you anymore." Katara slowly froze and unfroze the entire length of the pool. She had improved a lot since she stopped taking Healing full time.

"Katara, you're the most amazing person I've ever met," Aang said. Katara turned her head to face him, "You're super smart, and an awesome waterbender. You'll do amazing for the rest of the year." Katara blushed.

"I'm not that worried about the class itself. I guess... I'm just gonna miss you is all," she paused, "You really mean those things you said about me?" 

"Definitely." Aang said firmly. 

"Alright everyone, before we start class, we have a special presentation from our current student body president, Azula." Azula walked up next to Pakku, with a smug look on her face. 

"I wish I didn't have to make this speech, but Iroh said I had to," she sighed and pulled out a sheet of paper, "Student government is open to anyone who wants to participate in helping our school become a better place. For those of you who would like to be a part of this club, simply let me know, and you can come to Classroom 47 after school." 

"Do you think I should join?" Aang whispered to Katara.

"Are you serious? With Azula? That would be like going into a lion's den." 

"I know, but organizing school events would be fun. I wanted to go to a school dance in high school, but it looks like you don't even have that here. If I joined student government, I could actually make that happen."

"I guess you're right. Our school doesn't even have a prom." 

"So I'm assuming that no one here would like to be a part of student government." Azula smirked. Aang raised his hand.

"Actually, I'll join student government." Azula's smirk turned into a frown. 

"Fine. Be at classroom 47 at 4 o'clock sharp. Don't be late." Then she halfheartedly said, "Anyone else?"