Chapter 2

Uuuuuuuurgh! I'm so bored. I found some stairs, leading to the roof of one of the hangars. I was writing in my diary when I heard voices behind me. I hid behind the wall and I hoped that they couldn't see me. "Are you sure she is good Sides?" That was the doctor's voice. Sides? What? "Ratchet, she is good. I can feel it with my spark!" That was Sean's voice. Spark? What's going on here? I decided it is better to ask later. "She looks familiar to me. There was a criminal Kasey Jones. She is searched in the whole country." Ratchet said. My eyes widened. Did he knew? How? Oh, no no no no! What am I going to do? "She doesn't look like that criminal. Plus, Janna is with green eyes. The criminal is with blue." Sean said. So, he uses "that" and "the" to describe my other self. Interesting. And sad. If I show him who I am, he will hate me. Everyone will. I have to be away from the doctor. I'm still curious about how my wig was still on me yesterday. I heard their steps and after some seconds, they were gone. I sighed and stood up from my hiding place. "You know, the phrase 'Silent as a ninja.', isn't good for you, Janna." Ratchet said. I'm screwed. He grabbed me by the shoulder and pulled me closer to him. "I know that you are that criminal. I'll be watching you carefully." The doctor said and let go of me. I fell on my knees and watched as he disappeared behind the door. "No..." I said.

 There was a dinner for all the soldiers and Epps told me to join them today. After all I was "going" to live here, which won't happen, because I have to leave tomorrow or else. I sat on the end of the table and silently I ate my dinner. I wasn't hungry at all. All of the time I was eating, that doctor was watching me. I stood up and ran away from there. I had to be away from the people. People bring me pain. I ran outside the hangar and saw Sean's car. I decided to sit on the hood and watch the stars. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Sean's voice came out of nowhere and scared me. I turned around to see him propped on the driver's door. "Yeah. When I was seven, I always watched the stars. They reminded me of the people's hearts. I don't know why. When a star's light fades, a human's heart stops beating. The circle of life." He looked at me confused. "I know I'm not good in explanations. It's just... I..." Why couldn't I say that I just haven't got a proper education. Well, maybe because he will ask why and then I have to say I'm a criminal and bla bla bla. He sat next to me and grabbed my hand. "I totally understand you." He smiled. I smiled too. His smile was real and warm. I wish I could have the same smile. The wind was cold and made my body tremble. Sean saw that and gave me his jacket. Strange, I didn't see him with a jacket. But it was nice of him. We were silent, but our company was enough. I saw a shooting star and smiled. "Wish something." I said to Sean. He looked at me and sighed. "I don't believe in this kind of things." He said. "Why?" I was confused. "I don't know. I just don't believe." He turned around and sighed. "Why don't you wish? Maybe your wish will come true." I smiled. and placed my hand on his shoulder. I wanted him so bad in a tight hug... What did I just thought about?! Kasey, get ahead of yourself. "Believe me, I tried. Nothing." Sean said and stood up from the hood. I continued staring at him. What was his dark secret? I just realized that we have some things in common. I wish I could see him in a better light. Why was he sad?

I finished writing in my diary and went to the bed. The wig and lenses were thrown at the chair. I was really tired. But I couldn't sleep. The thoughts of tomorrow were hunting my mind. Will I survive?