Chapter 22

We were almost ready to make our way back to the fruit fields. I wondered if Merle was going to try and dominate me like he'd claimed at his marijuana field. He'd been acting completely normal since we had returned to the truck. There had been no talk at all about sex, and he seemed to be coming down from his cocaine high. We had only spoken about fruit and the things we needed to take with us.

Merle was pulling the last wooden fruit basket out of the bed of the truck when he asked me to get something out of the cab. "Autumn, reach in the cab o' the truck and get those prunin' shears fer me, would ya?"

The shears were the last thing we needed. Everything else we needed was set out on the ground in the order we would be transporting it. We had to make a few trips, but that was no big deal. The fields weren't far at all.

Merle set the basket he had in his arms down on the ground with the others and stretched. With a strange gleam in his eye, he watched me mosey toward the truck.

"Sure. Where'd ya put 'em?" I asked, opening the passenger side door.

"The middle console," he replied, climbing up into the empty bed of the truck.

"Oh, okay." I nodded, realizing he was going into the toolbox for something else, although, I wasn't sure what he was after. Everything we needed was already in the baskets on the ground.

The middle console was part of the seat. I had flipped it up earlier so I could be close to Merle, so I had to put it down. Leaning into the truck, I pulled the compartment down and opened it.

The first thing I saw was a bunch of papers with phone numbers on them. I could tell from the handwriting that they belonged to Daryl, so I didn't even bother to skim over them. It was none of my business. My hand moved aside a few pens, some old cassette tapes, a spare lighter, a tire gauge, and some change. It was all typical junk you would find in a man's truck, but I didn't see any pruning shears.

Merle had reached inside the toolbox and retrieved whatever he was after. He glanced at me through the back window curiously as he closed it. My guess was he was wondering if I had found the pruning shears yet, which I had not. They were nowhere in sight.

"Ya sure ya put 'em in here? I don't see 'em," I stated.

"They're in there," Merle declared, hoisting himself over the side of the truck. He landed on his feet with a raspy grunt. "Keep lookin'."

"Merle, I'm tellin' ya, they ain't here," I said, sighing and looking at him over my shoulder as he came up behind me. I blinked in surprise at what he had in his hands. There was a rolled up leather belt in one and a small leather crop in the other one.

"Nah, I lied. They ain't in there. They're in my back pocket," he said softly. Stepping up behind me, he stared down at my ass, which was level with his groin.

"Why'd ya lie 'bout that? Did ya just wanna see me bend over or somethin'?" I asked, giggling. I knew he had to have an agenda. He wouldn't lie to me about something that small unless he was trying to distract me.

"Mmm, hmm, yeah. That's pretty much the whole reason right there," Merle admitted, smirking and laying the belt and whip on the floor of the truck. "That, and I didn't want ya ta know what I was gettin' out the toolbox. I wanted it ta be a surprise."

"Where'd ya get those? Did ya plan on usin' those on me?" I wanted to know, flashing him a naughty grin.

"Do ya trust me, Autumn?" he asked seriously, ignoring my questions.

He was so close to me, I couldn't hop down on my feet if I wanted to. Gripping my hips in his hands, he pressed his cock against my ass. I gasped when I realized he was getting hard. I could feel his cock growing against me rapidly. He ground himself into me a few times, gritting his teeth.