Best Man

Chapter 4

*Tommy's POV*

I'm so nervous. My palms are sweaty & my body's aching. I'm the best man for Kim's wedding. I'm so proud of Kim, she finally found someone after 3 years of falling in love with the wrong people. I just finished tying my tie when I hear a knock at the door. "Come in," I said.

I see the wooden door open to see Adam standing in the doorway, "Hey, babe," he closed the door behind him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked stupidly.

"I came to see you, of course," he stood in front of me. My heart rate sped up, being this close to Adam. I don't know why I do this. I'd never felt this way, up until now.

"It's good to see you," I smiled. He placed his hand behind my head, a shiver ran down my spine. My legs felt like giving in, but I force myself to stand up. Why was I feeling like this? Why was am I so sensitive when Adam's around me?

"Are you okay?" Adam asked.

"I f-feel," Should I tell him. Should I tell him that he makes me feel this way when he's around.

"What? What do you feel?" I looked into his ocean eyes. Blue, with a little bit of green around the pupils. Breath taking.

"I f-feel- you make me- I don't know," I hid my face into Adam's chest, hiding my blush that showed upon my pale cheeks.

"What is it? Just tell me," Adam said playing with the stands of my hair.

"I'm sensitive to your touch. You send chills & shivers down my spine. My heart rate speeds up & I feel my legs are about to give in. I'm nervous around you? Why do I feel this?" I asked.

"Are you nervous? Not around me, the wedding," he asked. I pulled my face out of Adam's chest to face him, I nodded. "You're nervous that's all, Tommy. Every touch, sound & feelings are more active, especially when you're deeply in love with your partner," Adam explained to me.

"S-so that's it, I-I'm nervous?" I asked. He nodded. I let out a sigh of relief, so there's nothing wrong with me, I'm just nervous. I hear the doors closed from the church.

"I have to go," Adam peaked my lips & left the room. I have to get Kim. I walked to her dressing room, when I heard Kim's voice, she was repeating something over & over again, "I can t do this". I open the door to see Kim pacing back & forth, with her arms crossed. "Kim," I called out her name, she turn her glossy eyes towards me, "What's wrong?" I walk toward her, when I got close to her she hugged me. What was wrong?

"I-I can't do this," she answered me

"What can't you do?" I walked her over to a chair where she can sit down. I sat down in a chair next to her.

"What if David says 'no'? What if he doesn't love me?" she cried into a tissue that I gave her. I see her black makeup running down her cheek. What do I do? Adam's better at this, not me. I just make things worse. Think, Tommy, think!

"Kim," I took her hands in mine, she looked up at me, "I'm sure, David loves you. You're thinking the negatives things, don't do the same stupid thing as I did when I was in high school. I thought of negative things, that Adam doesn't love me, that I wasn't going to be with him or that I wasn't good enough for him, but look what happened. I'm with the love of my life & you can too, if you think of the positive things, you're smart, funny & beautiful, David's lucky to have you," Kim hugged me, of course I hugged her back. "C'mon, you've got a lucky fiance waiting for you."

I got up with Kim in my arms. She wiped away the tears from her brown eyes & smiled. I linked our arms together as we walked out the dressing room & into the main room. I hear the organ play as we walked down the aisle. I see our family on my side & David's family on Kim's side. We got to where David was standing, he was crying, "You look beautiful," he said to Kim. That's why he was crying, it was my sister's beauty. Now, that's a real man. I let go of Kim's arm & she joined with David, I stand in my position with Adam next to me.