Melody Lambert

Chapter 13

*Tommy's POV*

"Lambert, Adam & Tommy," I hear our name being called.

"Yes," Adam took my hand & I stood up with him.

"Follow me," the lady said. We followed her into a room full of children. So many kids. "You can pick out anyone from this room," she informed us.

"Thank you," I said. She nodded & walked away. We enter into the room full of kids.

"What should the gender be?" Adam ask.

"Umm, a girl," I answered.

"Okay, we'll split up. I'll take the left side, you take the right side," I nodded.

We separate & went to look for a girl. I walk around to find our perfect daughter, I walk pass a door & hear music, I reach for the door handle, "Hey," I hear someone say, a boy about 15 years old stand next to me, "I wouldn't go in there if I were you," he said.

"Why not?" I ask.

"There's a freak in there & her name is Melody," he answered coldly, "And she's playing her awful music & she playing her guitar, she's a girl for fucking sakes," he had hatered written in his eyes.

"It's a good thing you're not me, then," I twist the door knob & entered into another room. I hear music blasting in the room & guitar playing. I see a girl with black hair & purple highlights at the tips of her hair, playing electric guitar while whipping her hair back & forth. I smiled looking at her, she amazing at that guitar. When the music stopped, she removed her guitar from her body & placed it on a stand. I clapped my hands, she jumped, proberbly scaring her. "Sorry, I'd scared you, I was just so amazed by your guitar skills." I smiled. She half smiled & blushed.

"Thank you," she smiled.

"What song was that?" I ask.

"Make A Move by Icon For Hire," she answered.

"Why are in here, aren't you suppose to be out there with the other kids?" I ask.

She shook her head 'no', "The other kids don't like me. They think I'm a freak & call me names like 'emo' or 'goth'," her smiled disappear & replaced with a face of loss & guilt like she doesn't want to be here.

"Don't let those other kids get to you, they don't know how amazing you are. You can play guitar for heaven sakes & good at it," I said, her face lit up, "My name is Tommy," I held out my hand.

She hesitated, but shook my hand, "My name is Melody," she says in a quiet tone, she's so shy.

"You don't have to be scared, I'm not going to hurt you," I flash another smile. She nodded understanding me. "Do you wanna be my daughter?" I ask.

She smiled again, "Yes," she hugged me.

"Okay, let me get my husband," she let go of me as I took her hand & led her out of the room & into the room with the other kids, she went behind me, gripping at the back of my shirt, "It's okay, I'll protect you," she nodded & went to my side. We walk to find Adam, I see him talking to a lady, he sees me & excuses himself.

"Hey, Tommy," he smiled, his eyes wondered to Melody, "Who is this beautiful girl," Adam said. Melody blushed & smiled.

"This is Melody," I introduced her.

"Hi," she said with joy.

"Hello, Melody, I'm Adam," he held out his hand, Melody shook it.