Prologue

"You know I never wanted to be like this," she said in a sad tone "A killer I mean. Honestly, I don't hate your kind."
"Then why do you act as though you do?" Manners had been beaten by my own curiosity.
"When I was young, maybe five or six, Hunter's Society took me and my baby sister away from my parents. They told me that if I didn't comply they would torture or kill her. She was the only family I had and I didn't plan to lose her." She walked to the window and looked at the alluring stars. She seemed sincere to me as though she had never really wanted this life.
"I want you to promise me something, Wanda." She turned to me with a fierce look in her eyes. "I want you to promise me that if I die that you will find my sister and watch over her."
"What do you mean if you die?" I asked surprised.
"The society will come looking for me eventually since they won't find my body and I'm not going to let them kill you and your family. All they want is to control James; they just want power, no matter the price." Her eyes told me she meant every word.
"That's why I have to leave." My eyes widened in shock. She wore a sad smile as she admired a wolf pup and their parents as if she wanted to be like them.
"James won't be happy, but it's my life or your family's. Not much of a decision to be made."
I sighed "I know I can't stop you, but I won't keep this a secret from James or the rest."
She smiled "I didn't expect you to."
She began to walk out the door "Goodbye Wanda"