Chapter three: My escape

    I had woken up in the same room I had earlier. I scanned to room for possible escape routes.

"I wouldn't recommend running again." I turned my head to the voice seeing James standing in front of the dresser.

"Why are you keeping me here?" I ignored his statement and sat up.

"You interest me..." He stalked towards me.

"How so?" I backed away.

The closer he got the stronger the scent of vanilla and rose became. Soon he was in front of me a hand on either side of me as if to trap me.
"I've met very few humans who would stand up to me." He moved back towards the dresser and started rummaging through the drawers before heading to what I assume is a bathroom.
I shakily stood and walked over to the large bay window pulling the curtains back seeing miles of forest lit by the moon. Moments later I felt arms around my waist pulling me back.

"Why do you smell so nice?" the question had spilled before I could realize what I had said.

"I'm an old one." He answered stiffly.

They had never taught us about old ones in training, this put me at a disadvantage.

"You should rest." He released his hold on my waist and walked towards the door.
"And where will you be?"

"Hunting.." He walked out, the faint click told me had locked the door.

I immediately started to take the bed sheets and formed a makeshift rope, hanging it out the now open window and climbing down. Once my feet had touched the ground I took off through the woods, when I felt I was far enough away my pace slowed to a walk. Minutes later James stepped out from behind a tree.

"My my, I'm not sure if I should be impressed or offended that you'd tear up the bedding to escape." He leaned against the tree as I backed away silently as a storm set in, closely watching his every move. He walked towards me and before I realized it he had me pinned against a tree, a hand on either side of me seemingly trapping me.

"Though I'm afraid it was pointless... You belong to me now." He leaned in close, only an inch or so between us.

"I belong to no one..."  at this he let out a low growl and moved to my neck. He placed a kiss on it before biting down. I gripped onto his now soaked button up to keep from screaming as he did. Soon my body gave out from the blood loss and my vision clouded. The last thing I felt was the feeling of being picked up and carried before I gave in to exhaustion.