No one changes over night

|Dream|

I was in the cage sleeping with a deer called number four, an alpaca called number three and a bunny called number nine. I was curled up in a corner trying to keep my distance and when I woke up they were staring at me which freaked me out. "Don't sneak up on me?!" The alpaca tilted it's head at me as they're began to sniff me. The deer just glared at me making me feel uncomfortable. Mommy! The small bunny held no fear towards me as she opened my mouth and began inspecting my fangs. I was so close to being on the verge of tears until I was scooped up by one of the keepers here. "Okay number eight, that's a good girl." I flinched as he called me that. I heard the deer known as number four scream and the other keeper that carried him.

Once we got to the new cage the keeper pushed me in gently while the other one threw number four in since the small deer; number four bit his hand. "I wish these little monsters would be half as behaved as this little girl, such a shame she ended up her though..." Normally I would be scared but the slight praise made me wag my tail slightly. The other keeper scoffed as he walked away. "Whatever dude just don't get too attached she's leaving in a month." I turned around and number four glared at me as he went over to another red deer around his age. "Number eight that's number thirteen next to number four, get along now." He patted my head a little before he left which made a shiver run down my spine. I fell back and he laughed amused as he walked out the room.

It's been a few days since I've been here, I slept alone in a corner freezing because number four wouldn't let me have any blankets and I was afraid to go over because of his constant glares. I shook from the cold as my ears flicked up from hearing the big metal door open. I opened my eyes tiredly as I sat up. I saw a man, more importantly a buck with glasses and somewhat of a cold demeanor staring down at us. "Sir I never thought we'd get a visitor such as you in our establishment today." The buck stared at the man shutting him up. "Be quiet, I didn't come here for you conversation." The male carnivore nodded and opened the cage. I watched wide eyed as he grabbed number thirteen. Before I could even respond number four held onto him which made the keeper very angry. "Let go! Knock it off! I'll smack you!" When he went to hit number four I got in the way making him stop hesitantly as I began to growl. "Put them back." The carnivore looked at him shocked as he did so. The buck looked down at us as number four and thirteen clung to my once pretty dress, which was now covered in dirt. "You protected one of your own, I can admired that. I'll buy him, he's got strong eyes. Remember he never existed." The buck handed the bear a suitcase full of money and the keeper grabbed number four. The large male deer grabbed him and pulled him out. Through the bars I grabbed number four's hand and he looked at me. The buck glared at me as the keeper kept prying at my hands. "Give him back! No! Give him back he's not something to be bought nor eaten!" Number four gripped my hand until the keeper pulled us apart. "Number four! Number four!" I watched as the large deer pulled him out of my sight and the bear glared at me. "Well behaved my ass!" He stomped off slamming the door shut. I fell backwards and I felt the tears fall down my face as I sob. I looked over at number thirteen who started petting my tail.

Over the next few weeks number thirteen and I grew close. He would cuddle with me at night with the small tattered blanket that we were given and I would try to teach him words which he couldn't get. Over time I could feel the small fawn get more affectionate towards me. Earlier this morning he kissed my lips gently imitating what he saw the bear keeper and his girlfriend do while they were walking by one day just staring at us like we were food.

It was well into the afternoon and number thirteen was curled up laying his head on my shoulder when I heard the door creak open. This time it was a female doe she looked kind and elegant as she walked in. "My... what a quaint little place you have here..." Her voice sounded like violin playing a sweet lullaby. "Take a look around ma'am, we never offer this kind of thing to anyone but hey, with a beautiful and wealthy women such as yourself why not." She smiled at him before giving him a glare. "I'm not one to be sweet talked by the likes of a boorish fool like yourself."