Prompt 3

Prompt 3

Dr. Teeth holding Ben's hands when they are shaking.

"Come on, Ben! Have some fun! Dance or something!" Rizzo yells over the noise. Ben was sitting at the bar with a bottle of water in his hand and shakes his head. The group had decided to go to a club for the night and it wasn't Ben's cup of tea. The only reason he came with them was from Rizzo's peer pressure earlier that day. Now, he was regretting his decision from the rat. The flashy lights, loud music, and crowded dance floor were too much for the technician.

Why did I agree to come with him? I should be home playing my bass or something, he thinks. He stands up and walks to the restroom with the water bottle in hand. The restroom only muffled some of the noise and someone was throwing up in one of the stalls. He leans against one of the clean walls and slides to the floor. The person that was throwing up leaves drunkenly, forgetting to close the door. The loud music becomes too much for him and he covers his ears, shaking.

Block it out, that'll help. It has to help. Please let it help, he silently pleads. Closing his eyes and curling into a ball, he tries to push out the outside world. Everything was fine until he came here. He never should've agreed to Rizzo. It was a mistake he will never make again. A hand lays on his shoulder and he looks up. Dr. Teeth was kneeling in front of him. The bathroom door was shut behind him and no one else was with him.

"Ben? Are you OK?" He asks. Ben, still shaking, grasps the hand on his shoulder.

"Don't go, Teeth".

"I won't, I'm right here". Dr. Teeth sits down and holds Ben's hands in his. This calms the technician a smidge, making him unfurl from his position on the floor.

"I saw you walk in here and I wanted to check in on you. You looked a little discombobulated," the keyboardist explains, rubbing his thumb on the back of Ben's hand.

"I don't wanna be here".

"Why did you come?"

"Rizzo..."

"Oh, I see".

"I just... want to go home," Ben breathes out. Home was where it was quiet and peaceful, not loud and crazy. Dr. Teeth grabs his water bottle and pulls his partner to his feet.

"Then let's get you home, Ben".

"But the band-"

"Is getting rides from others. They told me on the way here". Dr. Teeth pulls Ben past the crowd of people and through the entrance. Cool air rushes in their hair as they make their way to the van.

On the road to Ben's apartment, Dr. Teeth glances over at his partner. Currently, Ben was watching the dark trees pass his view with tired eyes. Dr. Teeth slips a hand into his own, squeezing it reassuringly. Ben squeezes back, leaning his head against the window. A building comes in view. The apartments that he lives in. He leads Dr. Teeth to his apartment complex and opens the door.

It was a small place with two bedrooms, a bathroom, and a small kitchen connected to the living room. The walls were bare, save for two pictures, and the ceiling fan was missing a piece.

"Some place you got".

"It's the cheapest one they had".

"I see..."

"I have to change. Give me a second, Teeth," Ben says, closing his bedroom door. He walks over to his bed and sits on the edge of it. After changing, he lets Dr. Teeth into his room and climbs under the covers of his bed.

"The band and I should spice things up a bit in here".

"Hm?"

"Make this feel like home and not this, you know? Bring some paint and music".

"Yeah... Thanks for bringing me home, Teeth," he mumbles under the sheets. The keyboardist lays on top of the covers and hugs him from behind.

"Anything for my lover". He reaches over and links his hand in Ben's before they both fall asleep.