Prompt 5

Prompt 5

Dr. Teeth lends their sweater to Ben. When Ben is home, they realize they still have Dr. Teeth's sweater and find Dr. Teeth's iPod. Out of curiosity, Ben looks through Dr. Teeth's music and finds a playlist titled with Ben's name.

It was a cold November day. Dr. Teeth was taking a stroll around the city, getting away from Animal's usual antics. He wore a big sweater and jeans along with his top hat. With every breath, a cloud of air appeared before him. He was coming up to a bus stop when he noticed a familiar figure sitting on the bench, shivering. Green hair and teal skin caught his eyes instantly.

"Ben? Is that you?" He calls out. No response. He shakes the person awake. The figure abruptly looks up, showing round sunglasses and a blue nose. He was wearing a brown long-sleeved shirt, denim jeans, and tennis shoes. Near his feet was a case, probably filled with blueprints for spotlights and LEDs.

"T-Teeth? What brings you here?" Ben asks, rubbing his arms. Dr. Teeth sits next to him on the metal bench and pulls him to his side.

"I was just out to get my mind off of Animal's excessive antics. What about you?" Ben shifts so that he's leaning against Dr. Teeth.

"I missed m-my bus. It's only been ten minutes, but it's f-freezing out here". Ben shivers again, nuzzling his head into the keyboardist's neck.

"Don't you have a jacket?" Dr. Teeth asks. Ben shakes his head, shivering once again.

"I don't own any coats at all," he replies, rubbing his arms again. He is briefly pushed away, the warmth quickly leaving his side until Dr. Teeth holds out his sweater to him. He had taken it off for the technician.

"Take it. I insist".

"I... thanks. You didn't need to, but thanks," Ben accepts, slipping the clothing over his head. It was a big fit for him, but cozy nonetheless. it even had pockets which is a bit strange. He leaned against Dr. Teeth again and sighed.

"Later, I'm getting you a jacket".

"You don't have to".

"No, I am. Think of it as a luxurious present from me to you".

"Thanks again, Teeth".

"You're welcome, Ben".

The next bus drives up and stops at the bench. Ben grabs his case and walks in the vehicle, taking a seat. As it drives off, Ben waves at Dr. Teeth until he is out of view.

After the long drive, Ben arrives at his apartment and throws his case on the kitchen counter. Looking down, he sees the fabric of Dr. Teeth's sweater and curses to himself.

I forgot to give Teeth his sweater back, he thinks, it feels like he left something in one of the pockets. He digs his hand in the pockets of the sweater, feeling a small item. Confused, Ben pulls it out to find an iPod between his fingers.

"Hello, what are you?" He asks as if it would answer back. Ben walks to his room as he fiddles with the small music player. Finally turning it on, he's surprised to find a lot of songs from different artists inside. Ben changes into his sleepwear before laying on his bed with the iPod again.

"Give us the nice bright colors-!" It suddenly sings. He stops the song and browses through the playlists he has. One of them is titled "Benjamin" with heart emojis before and after.

"Let's see what's in here... "Can't Help Falling In Love", "True Colors", "You Are My Sunshine". My favorites... he actually listened," Ben smiles as he looks through the songs. It was all of his favorite tunes along with songs that he and Dr. Teeth both enjoy.

"I'll just slip this back in here". Ben places the iPod back in the sweater pocket and sleeps.

*~*~*~*~*~*

"Dr. Teeth!" Someone calls out. The keyboardist turns around to see Ben with his sweater neatly folded in his arms.

"Thanks for lending me your sweater". Dr. Teeth takes it and immediately finds the iPod in its pocket.

"You're welcome, but maybe ask before you decide to exploit my music to yourself," he comments before walking away. Ben stands there surprised but shakes it off after Kermit calls his name.