Prologue

Fred and George Weasley lied in wait behind the statue of the one-eyed witch

As usual, they were up to no good, already grinning over their marvelous new prank before it even happened. But with the twins, it was always like that when their anticipation was already too high to endure. The two just knew their worth as glorious pranksters, which could easily get mistaken for arrogance. Both redheads looked at each other when the sound of familiar footsteps echoed through the corridors. No other than Snape on his way to his office. But much to their disappointment he turned into another corridor just seconds late, missing the trap. Fred sighed. It would have been a legendary catch if Snape had decided to look after his students in the common room. But it seemed that even their own headmaster wasn't thrilled to visit the snakes in her cold, wet home. He probably wanted to avoid the chaos of the students packing for the summer with the ride back to London only a few days away. Fred wouldn't like to watch Malfoy pack away his green briefs either. But he would be totally fine with exposing them while catching the boy in their enormous spider web they originally planned on using during Halloween celebrations. But they decided it was too similar to last year's prank and settled on jinxing the pumpkin juice instead. And what a joy it had been to see the teachers sprinkled in juice, all glaring at them and Dumbledore chuckling into the hem of his robe. Totally worth the detention. George started to hum a song at some point, one of the kinds Molly Weasley listened to while cleaning, something about love and desire. Fred just hummed along, both voices just loud enough both could hear. From time to time people walked by but always turned like Snape, probably Slytherins looking for the professor to bother him. But suddenly, there were footsteps again, lighter and faster than every set before. Someone was running straight into their trap. With a swishing sound, they were caught. A voice cursed out loud and ruffling of fabric was heard, most likely the on of robes. This was the moment for the two pranksters to leave their hiding spot to inspect their prey. "Look, Georgie! What do we got here?", Fred chirped, approaching the hanging figure, hanging by his ankle, the school robes covering his face. "A pretty good catch, Freddy.", George said with a crooked grin. "let's take a look who we go here." With that Fred reached for the robes, pulling them away to reveal the caught student. But it wasn't a snake. Yellow rims and a badger emblem identified the honey blond boy as a Hufflepuff, glaring at Fred with bright ocean blue eyes. Fred was electrified by those eyes and couldn't help but let his hazel ones roam over the handsome face in awe, only to return to the eye contact as soon as possible. "oh blimey! Just a badger!", George exclaimed, clearly disappointed. The boy's eyes left Fred's to look at his brother, who flicked his wand to free the boy. "Sorry mate.", he apologized as the boy hit the floor. "It's ok.", the boy answered quietly while standing up and brushing the dust from his clothes. Fred just stared at him, taking in every inch of the blond, mesmerized by his looks. To him, he was just too perfect for a human being. "I'm afraid I have to go.", the boy stated, still quiet but determined. "I'm already late " "Sure, go ahead.", George agreed, a friendly smile on his lips, but eyeing his brother out of the corner of his eye. Fred was acting odd and he wanted to know why. "Well, goodbye.", the boy said, walking by, his shoulder almost brushing Fred, who turned to look after him. "What in Merlin's beard is going on with you?", George asked, smacking his brother in his side. Fred didn't even flinch, just turned again to answer his brother's question with glossy eyes: "I think I'm in love, Georgie." .