07

VIOLET LOCKHART

-

"The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power." — Mary Pickford

-

When I woke up this morning, a notice popped up on my phone, it was to remind me that Calum was suppose to be coming home today. I sighed as I quickly got dressed and throw on one of his old flannels and headed to the airport. 

"Hey, you're here too?" Luke sat down next me to me on the airport floor, I had been sitting there for half a hour now, people were giving me strange looks but it was my way of remembering Calum.

"He would've land in twenty minutes if he's still alive." I said, looking down on my phone.

"I can't believe he's gone." Luke said, wiping a single tear away from his eyes, his voice slightly cracking, "I can't he left us here."

It has been six months after the accident, somehow both of us ended up here at the airport, waiting for someone that was never going to come back. 

I didn't recieve a closure from the funeral six months ago, I coudln't, a funeral wasn't enough for the people that truly loved the ones who passed away, it was away of saying goodbye but it wasn't away of closing our hearts to them.

"Some part of me wishes he would just suddenly show up right now." I said, my eyes starts watering up.

"You know, Violet, Calum really liked you." Luke said, crossing his legs and turning towards me, "Every time we go outside, he kept telling us how great you are and how you're the center of his universe and you light up his world and all that."

I brushed my fingers through my hair and put my head between my legs and sighed, "I know, and he's the center of mine."

"Isn't it sad? This is our way of greiving over Calum." Luke shakes his head, "I thought you would've be here."

"How come?" I asked, slightly tilting my head.

"Because you're still in love with him after all these days." He said, "Normally people would find ways to get over the dead ones, but you didn't."

"One you lose someone, it is never the same exact person who comes back." I simply replied.

"Why is that?" He asked.

"Because people change, and in this case, he changed in to a different form, from living to dead."

-

Twenty minutes later, the PA system announced for the flights that had just landed, "American Airline CA349. From Los Angeles LAX Airport to New York JFK Airport. The flight had just landed."

When the words had came out from the speakers, I sighed, I looked out, it was like looking for something that you know will never show up, you know it wouldn't happen, but deep down your heart, you hope it would show up and every thing would be fine.

But it wouldn't.

The crowd from the flight started slowly showing up in the arrivals, families exchanging hugs, couples exchanging kisses and friends exchanging stories about their adventures.

It pains so much in my heart that Calum and I aren't one of them, knowing that we aren't going to be apart of them, exchanging stories, kisses, hugs and whispering how much we've missed each other in to each other's ears, leaving marks on each other's body.

I would do anything, to see him again.