Chapter 23: Sports Day

"Uggghhh!" I yelp as I feel pain hit me. I sit up straight in my bed knowing what is going on. The devil itself has come back again this month to make my life hell.

My period.

It's my second day and the second is always the absolute worst! I angrily get out of bed and put on that ugly school uniform.

"This is so dumb. This uniform is dumb. Why do I have to wear this stupid skirt and these ugly striped socks? Why do I look like an inflated doll?! I look so bloated! Now I look even worse in this uniform! Look at-," my rambling is cut short when something hits me. It's a smell.

Breakfast.

The delightful smell of breakfast maneuvers to my nostrils. Ms.Irma (the maid) has definitely made something good this morning. I rapidly grab all the things that I need and run to the kitchen.

To my surprise, Ms. Irma is not the one cooking in the kitchen, Lance is cooking. He's wearing an apron that reads 'WWBY, What Would Beyoncé Do'. That is the most Lance thing ever.

"That smells so delicious! But, why are you cooking?" I question, remembering what had happened last time one of the boys cooked.

Lance's head snaps up to me and he answers, "Oh good morning, princess. I did it as a thank you for the sweets, it'll be done in a second. Go on and take a seat."

Aww, how sweet of him. I have faith that Lance can actually cook. If any of them could, it'll probably be Lance.

I nod and take a seat. My mouth waters begging for food. My feet tap in anticipation and my body's slight rocks in excitement. My mind is so stuck in the food I didn't notice the other boys come in.

"Where's the food?" Dontae asks, looking around.

"Lance is cooking," I announce dreamily, keeping my eyes on the kitchen.

"He's what?!" They all exclaim in unison.

"Listen, Carmen whatever you do, don't-,"

Justin is cut off when Lance yells, "Breakfast is ready!" He sets the plates of food down in the table in front of everyone.

I quickly take a bite of it not paying any mind to the warning glances the rest of the guys are shooting me. I swallow and instantly freeze. The food gets stuck in my throat and chills climb up my spine. I even twitch a little.

"So, Carmen, how does it taste?" Lance looks at me with a lot of confidence.

"Um, where is Ms.Irma?" I dodge the question, sneakily spitting it out in a napkin.

"Oh, I gave her the morning off since I was cooking." Lance calmly answers, shrugging his shoulders.

"So you're saying that we're stuck with this."
Shawn states, pointing at the food. "Unbelievable."

"Taste this." Christian demands, shoving the food in Lance's mouth.

Lance chews slowly then freezes. He begins to shake a little and he cringes.

"What kind of crap is that?!" Lance spits out, with the most disgusted look on his face.

"The crap you tried to feed us." Justin quips, stabbing at the food.

"This is not what Beyoncé would do." Lance quietly says taking off his apron.

"And it doesn't look like we'll be able to stop somewhere and get something to eat. We spent all this time waiting for breakfast to be served." Noah announces checking the time on his phone.