Chapter 24: Pain and Gifts

The Boys' P.O.V

    It isn't too long before the boys hear news about what happened. News travels around the school like wildfire. As soon as Christian, Noah, Justin, Lance, Shawn, and Dontae hear about it, they all quickly rush to the scene.

Shawn is the first one to arrive. He tries to think rationally about how to help Carmen, but it seems that when it comes to her he can't think so rational. How can I get this crowd to break apart, he thinks to himself. Shawn paces back and forth trying to come up with a solution. I-I don't know what to do, he thinks. For the first time in forever Shawn has no answer.

   Dontae and Lance show up together. The two of the group with the most flamboyant attitude. Of course, it is expected of them to command everyone to move out the way. It's very amusing to witness two students have so much authority over the crowd.

   "LANCE MOVE YOU'RE IN THE WAY!" Dontae screams.

   "OH BE QUIET! ALL YOU DO IS COMPLAIN!" Lance yells back.

   And so Lance and Dontae break out into an argument forgetting their main goal.

   Now moving on to Justin. He's probably worried the most about Carmen. I should've been there for her, he repeats in his head. She's my ally and I let my ally get hurt. He dashes to the scene in record time.

   Last but not least, Christian. Christian loses his cool facade immediately after he hears the news. Without even thinking, he sprints to her full speed. He shoves everyone out of the way paying no mind to them. His mind is stuck on Carmen. Who would hurt someone as sweet as Carmen, Christian worries.

Carmen's POV

My body lays lifelessly on the floor in shock trying to deal with the major impact that was made. A crowd of people began to gather around me asking millions of questions that are all going in one ear and out the other.

    "Move! Move out the way!"

    I know that voice. It's Christian's. His usually annoying voice is so comforting to my ears. Yeah, it's definitely Christian... OH NO!

    Anxiety hits me faster then my consciousness can. My vision clears up and my ears stop ringing. I try to get up. Keyword try. I fall right back down because of the pain that shoots through my body. This is hands down the worst pain I've ever felt!

    Christian pops up in my vision and I can hear the rest of the boys plowing through the crowd.

    "Carmen! Camren! Are you ok?" Noah panics staring at me.

    "Who did this?!" Dontae yells loud enough for everyone in the whole gym to hear. Everyone points fingers at Jackie.

    That's when I feel myself being lifted up. What in the...Christian- Christian is carrying me! I try to fight him off but I'm way too weak.

   Everyone is pointing and staring. This is now going to be the hot gossip for this week.

    Just wait until I gain my strength back Christian. I will rain hell on you! I think to myself.

    Our eyes meet as if he heard what I was saying. He looks extremely irate and fearful. I guess I should take it easy on him just a little. He's trying to help after all.