Ch 1

It took time to let the idea settle... Jeremy my friend from art collage was now a Mercenary and someone wanted him dead. I had to find out who. Art school didn't pan out too well for me either. I was now a side show in a fucking circus. 'The Amazing Female Sharpshooter' is what I was called... how demining. At least I could use these skills for something better than being a sideshow; I had to stop whoever wanted my old friend dead. So I packed my stuff up in the back of my Hurst and headed to New Mexico... Trufort. Shouldn't be too hard to find him from there.

     The drive to Trufort was horrible. It was too hot during the day and my car kept overheating. It was too cold to sleep at night without several layers of clothes, which is overly annoying. The town... if it could be called that, was strangely green. People where everywhere, giving me strange looks... I guess that's what I get for driving the a car of the dead. I soon found a place to eat; it was a tiny dinner, didn't look like it had been upgraded since the twenties. I sat down at the crowed bar next to a man in a suit, hopefully he wouldn't bother me... although I should be asking about Jeremy. "What can I get you outsider?" The waitress was old and used up, she looked worse than most of the people I worked with in the circus. "I'll have a sweet tea and a menu please." The suited man next to me gave me a slight glance, I paid no mind to him. The waitress dropped a menu in front of me and my sweet tea. "Just holler when you're ready sweety." I nodded to her... "You're from Texas aren't you?" It was the man in the suit, why on gods green earth was he talking to me? "Yeah, what's it to ya?" He just let out a hum in response. I gave him a longer glance, he was just as out of place as I was... Who the hell wears a balaclava in the middle of the New Mexico summer? He may be the one I want to talk to find Jeremy. "So, Frenchie..." I set my menu aside. "I wouldn't eat the food here..."

"Not what I wanted to ask ya." He turned to me, we faced for the first time, his clear blue eyes pierced me. "I'm looking for an old collage friend, he's had a hit put on him..." He turned form me and pulled out a smoke. "He knows." The man took a long drag off of it. "I'll let him know that you came by to see him." A gun was put into my side, I didn't flinch. "Look mister, Jeremy's a friend of mine..." the gun was removed. "So you do actually know him." I faced the counter again and called for the waitress. "I'll have a slice of apple pie." She nodded and walked away, the man stood and walked left the dinner. He was somewhat strange, but he knew Jeremy, so it was a start. I sat and ate my pie in peace.

     The next morning was slow. The whole town knew Jeremy... and wanted him dead... So much so that they arrested me for being an accomplish!... "I demand my phone call!" the guards just laughed at me. I guess they thought a small angry woman was something to not be scared of. If I ever got out of this they would be the first on my list to kill. As the day went I sat and bore holed into the guards with my eyes until they got uncomfortable and left the hall. "Hey... (Y/N)?" I looked to the window. "Ah, so you do know her..."

"We got to get her out Spy." It was Jeremy and the guy from the dinner. "Hey, you're still alive." I reached up to the window and pulled myself up to look out of it. Sure enough I saw Jeremy, and a pair of well-dressed legs. "Thanks for coming and checking on me, I knew you'd always be a good friend!..." He turned away from the window. "Don't worry, me and Spy'll get ya out." Jeremy stood. "There was never a 'we' in this..." I heard them walk away. So, the nice dressed one went by Spy... what an odd nickname. I lowered myself from the window and sat back on my bed and waited.

     About an hour and a half passed, I was about ready to give up when the power cut off and my cell door opened. "About time." I stood and started walking out of the jail. "Hold it!" It was a guard, all he had was a baton. "I'm good, not that you can stop me." I kept walking towards him, and like magic he fell to the floor with a knife in his back. With a cloud of smoke Spy appeared. "I could have handled him." Spy picked up his knife and I reached for the baton. He put his knife away with one swift movement. "If we want to live we have to hurry." He began walking towards the door. "Walking isn't exactly hurrying." He disappeared in a cloud of smoke, I took this as my que to take off running. I left the building to see Jeremy in my car. "Move over!" He moved from the driver's seat and I jumped in the open window. Seconds later Spy appeared opening my car door. "Move..." I slid over in the bucket seats and he sat down at the wheel. "You know how to drive a stick right Spy?" Spy glared at Jeremy. "Of course I do!" We took off towards the desert. "You're friend better be worth it!" I looked in the rear view mirror. "We have company..." I climbed over the seats into the back of the Hurst. I grabbed my riffle and opened the back window. I took a shot at the driver of the cop car, if my bullet didn't kill him the crash that happened afterwards did. The cars piled up behind us. "Good shot (Y/N)!" I turned to Jeremy and gave him a wink. "I've been practicing..."

"Hold on!" The car took a sharp lane change at a high speed and I was slammed into the side of the car, knocked unconscious by the butt of my riffle.