Realisation

Another thing I decided to make, this is based of how I came out IRL, minus the talking honey badger. Enjoy :)

Bravery. Something Bunga was very familiar with, after all, his bravery was the reason he was raised by his uncles Timone and Pumba, but living with them meant that he was never exposed to fear, ever. This eventually made him the bravest animal in the pridelands and made him a part of the Lion Guard. They did things that could be considered frightening nearly every day Bunga would have to fight a hyena that is nearly double his height and weight, but he always charged on head first. He was immune to fear some would say, but no one was actually immune to fear, if you are then you don't have a soul. Bunga was no different, he does get scared sometimes, but not for him, he got scared for others, namely Kion, his best friend. Whenever he went charging in against Janja and his crew or when he would dangle half his body of a clifface to save a hyrax, Bunga would feel fear squeezing his heart.

At first he didn't know what was wrong with him but he knew it wasn't any sort of sickness. As he grew older he still didn't know for sure what this was, but he had a guess, he thought he was starting to get feelings for Kion, though he couldn't like him, it wasn't natural, he needed to be with another honey badger, and Kion needed to be with a lion, and it had to be a female to carry on the guard to protect the pridelands. So he kept his secret.

Bunga wasn't the best at keeping secrets though, which made it very surprising he had hid his thoughts from Kion for so long, but add a keen sighted eegrid and you have a locked honey badger that's an open book. Ono was a curious bird, he wanted to know why Bunga was getting nervous, so he had to confront the badger.

After the latest mission of calming down the zebras after they were spooked by a falling tree branch, Ono took Bunga to the side, way out of earshot of the other members of the lion guard. "Bunga, you're never scared when you do dangerous things, you especially aren't bothered when someone else is doing it, but when Kion is doing something dangerous, you have the fear of Mufasa in you. Why?" Bunga was loaded with too many thoughts to handle and he panicked, he didn't want to tell him that he might love kion but knew he needed to come clean, more to himself though, he knows that he loves him but he doesn't think it's real and denied it, but his heart keeps telling him it is real, but he is stubborn, he refuses to listen to it. Bunga needs Ono's help to be able to listen to his heart, but this is going to take time and he doubts that Ono knows what to do. Would he know how to handle him? Bunga defineatly wouldn't if he had to do this.

"Ono, I need your help"