Watering Hole Fun

Yay, I finally finished this after a long time of thiking how to do this right. Enjoy the story.

The rising sun cast upon the cuddling cubs. Bunga's eyes fluttered open halfway, weighed down with sleep and his joints were still asleep. he stretched and looked around seeing Kion being his fluffy little bed he smiled, he didn't want to move, but it was time for morning patrol. Bunga cursed it in hid head for ruining his moment but he had to wake him up nonetheless.

"Kion. Time to get up for morning patrol" Kion mumbled in his sleep and batted Bunga away. Sighing Bunga just tickled him. It was easier. Kion launched up giggling "Stop it Bunga!" The two laughed and left the falls ready to meet the rest of the gang.

The 5 spent the whole morning patrol helping hyraxes and directing the zebras. "I hate it when the hyenas don't attack us." Bunga stopped in confusion "Why though? We can relax." Fuli couldnt really disagree and kept quiet. The gang disperserd apart from Bunga and Kion who sat there in silence for a bit. "Wanna go for a walk?" Kion looked at his smaller friend in confusion. "Since when have you ever been into calm walks? Who are you and what have you one with my Bunga." Bunga laughed and they walked in no particular direction.

The duo walked through the landscape, with the sun beating on their backs making Kion glow. Bunga kept on looking at him. He was even more beautiful, and that was a hard task. "So what is the best way to spend an afternoon then?" Looking around the area, Bunga had a idea. "Well we can do THIS!" With that Bunga pushed Kion into the mud and tackled him laughing. Getting up they two ran at each other. Kion pounces and Bunga slides to avoid him "Too slow kitty cat!" Bunga laughed and looked behind him to see Kion bounding towards him when he slipped. Bunga laughed and jumped on the lion, pushing him into the mud. "You cant beat me in my own element. Mud." Kion kept on trying to top the honey badger. "Bunga, when I get on top of you, you will eat mud." Bunga laughed "It doesnt taste so bad, you should try it." Kion pushed off his paws and jumped up and out of the mud pits pinning Bunga down on the ground. "Wanna call it a draw?" Bunga looked at him and smiled. "Fine, lets wash off."

They walked the short stroll to the watering hole and dived in with a nice backflip. Kion stepped in liking the feeling of the water washing the mud of his fur making it nice and soft. Bunga was swiming laps stopping at Kion. "Can I touch your fur, it looks really soft." Kion glanced at him "It will be softer once it dries, you know that, right?" Bunga didn't care and just cuddled up to him. "Kion can I tell you something?" Looking down at him he nodded. "Kion, I love you, I've loved you since we met." Bunga couldn't explain the feelings inside him. It was fear. Kion looked down and licked his cheek and cuddled him tightly. "I love you too." Smiling Bunga looked at Kion. "We going to tell the others?" Kion chuckled and cuddled tigher into Bunga. "Not yet, for now I just want to stay here with you."