The Last Dance

I woke in beautiful meadow.Everywhere around me were flowers and each had a different colour.The sun was shining brightly and a soft breeze ruffled my hair.I was wearing a long, pure white dress and I wasn't wearing any shoes.I felt the soft, green grass under my bare feet.This place was breathtaking.

''Ariana?"Impossible.I whirled around and saw Kol standing a few meters away from me.Without even thinking what I was doing I ran to him and kissed him.He instantly kissed me back.It was sweet but at the same time passionate and intense.To fast I had to back away to catch some air.

"How are you here?"I asked breathlessly.

''Because of our connection I managed to visit you in your dream.''

''I am dreaming?Why are we in this meadow?''

''I though you would like it,but if you prefer to do something else...''He didn't finish his sentence and smirked at me.

''Kol!''I hit his chest and blushed.

He chuckled at my reaction and feigned being hurt.''Darling you wound me.''

That made me hit him once again although this time he caught my hand and pulled me into himself.Then he leaned down and kissed me passionately sliding his tongue on my lower lip asking for entrance.I denied at first so he squeezed my butt making me gasp.Kol slid his tongue into my mouth and we started to fight for dominance,obviously he won.

As we pulled apart I was a little light headed and smiled at him.Suddenly I turned around and started to run.''Catch me if you can!''I shouted over my shoulder.At first he ran after me in human speed but after a while I crashed into his chest.

''That's not fair.''I pouted.

''You cannot run away from me.''He leaned down and brushed his lips against mine.''I will always catch you.''

"Always?''

''And forever.''

I woke up with a big smile on my face and must have looked like an idiot.Today I had school again so I had to get ready.I packed my things and started to make my way downstairs.I stopped when I heard some voices.

''Caroline left early for school.''My mother said.

''I know. I came to see you. I don't know what to do. What to say, how to act around her.''Matt?What's going on here?

''You can't let on that you know.''

''She wants me to take her to the dance. What am I supposed to do?''

''Take her to the dance.''

'' I'll never get away with it. She knows me too well, she'll figure it out.''

''Damn it, Matt, just do it. She's my daughter. She's my baby. I just, I need some time.''

''I know, but...''

''Look, if what Caroline told you is true, she's not the only one. The Salvatore's are vampires. The Gilbert family is in on it. Tyler Lockwood is God knows what.''Oh fuck.She knows the truth.

'' A werewolf.''

''There's no one in this town I can trust. I just need to take a beat and figure out what to do.''

''That'll never fool her.''Oh Matty boy.Wrong choice,wrong choice.No one fools around with my sister,no one.

''Yes, you will. As far as she knows, you don't remember anything. Buy me some time. Please, Matt.''

A while later I arrived at school and went to my first class.I didn't listen a lot because I and Emma talked about the decade dance.
At lunch I searched for Matt and when I found him I pulled him into an empty classroom.