Chapter 1

Greek roe. What a weird name for a road, especially when a college owns it. The long road holds eight mansion like houses: four fraternities and four sororities with about twenty people living in each enormous house.

How much money went into building eight houses with ten bedrooms? Dalton College is one of the most prestigious in the country so I suppose they can afford it as well as the student dorms on the college grounds but who wants to live in a tiny dorm room? Lots of people apparently but I want to live in a Sorority house, Kappa Kappa Gamma to be specific. It's beautiful, a huge three story white and pale blue manor with a perfectly manicured lawn and small green house to the side.

I pledged to the house months ago and they accepted, I'm one of eight girls got got a bid. The houses only accept new members as the upperclassmen graduate. Three girls left the house at the end of last year meaning I have a good chance at getting in.

'Veronica?' My dad's driver snapped me out of my daydream.

He'd stopped at the entrance to Greek roe, no cars are allowed down the narrow road since the students were all walking around and they didn't want any accidents.

'Do you need help with your bags miss?'

'Nah, I've got it.'

'Are you sure Miss?' He asked opening the boot to reveal my two large suitcases and backpack.

'They've got wheels on the bottom, I'll pull them.' I attempted to lift one out of the boot but it was too heavy, 'Can you get it out for me, please?'

He suppressed a grin and effortlessly lifted them out.

'Thanks.'

'It's a pleasure Miss.' I've given up trying to get my dad's staff to stop calling me Miss.

'I've got it from here.'

He nodded and got back into the car, I waited until he was out of sight before heading down Greek roe with my things. There are plenty of other students walking with their luggage but I'm one of the few girls on my own, no parents or friends to accompany me.

'Hi there!' I jumped as a short blonde girl smiled up at me. She was tiny! Really thin and short but it suited her, she didn't look sickly thin though.

'Hi, you gave a fright.' I smiled at her.

'Oh! Sorry! I just really like your jeans they're so cute!' Her hair was big, curly and it bounced as she spoke.

I was wearing dark jeans, a tank top and converse. A simple comfortable outfit.

'Oh, thanks. Are you in a sorority?'

'I'm a pledge to Kappa Kappa Gamma!' She was so happy.

'Me too, I'm Ronny.' I hate when people call me Veronica.

'I'm Emily, come on, let's find the house.' She looped her arm through mine like we were best friends and pulled me along.

'Okay then.'

We passed a few houses and eventually found the right one, it looked just like the photo online, all white and gorgeous.

'It's so pretty!' She suddenly dragged me forward making me almost lose my grip on my luggage, we headed straight into the house.

A tall blonde girl stopped us, 'Where do you think you're going?'

'We're pledges.' I stated.

He face suddenly changed to face happiness, 'Oh! I'm Samantha but don't call me Sam ever, I'm one of the upperclassmen! My twin sister Melissa is too! She looks JUST like me but with shorter hair!' Okay, so she's the dumb one.

'Nice to meet you, um, where do we put our stuff?' Emily asked slowly, I guess she noticed that Samantha's a little slow too.

'Upstairs duh, just like, find a room? Yeah. Pick a room.'

'Okay, we'll see you later I guess.' I quickly led Emily towards the staircase before Samantha could say something stupid.

'Do you want to room together?' I asked.

'Sure!' She pushed open a door to find a pretty bedroom with white walls and cream carpeting. The bed spreads were light blue and two small desks sat near the window.

'Nice.' I wheeled my suitcases over to the bed on the left side and dumped my back bag on it.

'What do we do now?'

I shrugged, 'Unpack and change. They'll probably want to talk to the pledges later and have a party or something.'

'Let's go to a frat party!'

I groaned, 'I'm not wearing a dress.'

'Why?'

'I don't do dresses unless they have leggings under them.'

'Oh lord, it's the anti-girl!' She said dramatically.

'Yeah, yeah, i-'

I was cut off by a scream from downstairs, Emily took one look at me and ran towards the stairs . I followed her down along with some other girls.

There was a tall, Kate Moss thin blonde girl in a magenta dress with her hands on her hips, 'Now that I've got your attention pledges, welcome to Kappa Kappa Gamma.'

That was when I realized the only people that came running were the eight pledges. Samantha and her twin, Melissa stood on either side of the intimidating girl.

'My name's Regina and I'm the Sorority head, Melissa and Samantha here are my vices. There're eight of you and four spots as well as four empty beds, the late girls will sleep on the pull out couches.'

A pretty girl with red hair raised her hand slowly and Regina nodded for her to talk, 'Why the sofa? That'll be uncomfortable, aren't there extra beds for us?'

'You're late, you suffer. Got a problem? Then find a dorm.'

'But that's unfair.' The red head blurted.

'Too bad. Now over the next week your classes will start, miss a class and you're out, understood?'

We all nodded.

'The rule only counts for the week, we like to call it pledge enlightenment week.' She smirked.

'That's because we can't call it hazing ever since th-'

'Shut up Samantha.' Regina snapped.

Melissa quickly continued, 'Since todays almost over it won't count so you're free to do what you want but stay in the house. Tomorrow's going to be fun for you.'

Regina took a confident step forward, 'I suggest you unpack and get some sleep, bitches.'

Emily stuck her tongue out at Regina as soon as she turned her back. I think we're going to get along just fine.