🛡️ protection 🛡️ Team Skull x Child! Reader

Platonic.
Possible Triggers: Mentions of abuse, signs of abuse, angst, flashbacks, and cursing.
Things to look forward to in chapter: ya boi guzma, friendly and cute golisopod, a big ole family of numbskulls proteccing smol bean reader, happy ending, fluff, smol bean totodile, protective Plumeria, giddy Gladion and goofy guzma. Everyone here is the definition of 'ive only known them for three minutes but if something bad happened to them id kill everyone in this mall and then myself'

Key:: (P/n) means Partner Name
(Y/n) means Your Name
I apologise beforehand if anyone's out of character.
I tried to keep things vague in the flashback so nobody got any flashbacks of their own.
Hhh it's three AM I have to do this in one sitting or it'll never get done

--

                    Running through the pouring rain, the child held their pokémon partner, (Partner Name or P/n). Hot tears streamed down the human’s face. They had just turned ten, and that was the age eligible for a pokémon partner of their own (officially). Their parents weren't so enthusiastic about pokémon, the idea of their child leaving, or anything like that.
                    But their parents also weren't enthusiastic about (Y/n).
                    It was no secret that (Y/n) wasn't a planned pregnancy.
                    The child had gone out and gotten a starter pokémon and trainer’s license without their knowledge. When they returned, their parents were furious.
                    Mostly their father.
                    They remembered getting yelled and screamed at, getting called horrible things that no human should ever have to endure, having items thrown at them, and much more.
                    So they ran.
                    Bruises covered their arms and there was a cut on their cheek from where they had been hit by the sharp edge of something their father threw. Their pokémon, a totodile, was the only reason they were able to run out of the home. (P/n) had used Water Gun to stun their parents momentarily so the two could run out without being chased for a bit.

                    “I am so sick and tired of you just going out and doing whatever you fucking want! You go out and bring that stupid thing in here, knowing damn well Pokémon are forbidden in this house!” their father screamed, throwing his hand up at the child as they clutched (P/n) tightly. (Y/n)’s mother just stood on the sidelines, having a disappointed look in her gaze.
                    More screaming occurred, and (Y/n) felt themselves being hit by something. Using one hand to rub their cheek, they saw it was the photo frame of a picture they all had taken together two years ago. Everyone seemed so happy in that photo. They heard a snapping sound, it was a sound they hated.
                    It was the sound of a belt being popped.

                    (Y/n) hiccuped, slowly stumbling to a stop below a tree. They breathed heavily, looking back into the fog. They hadn't been followed. Their parents didn't care enough to follow them this far and in this bad of a storm. “Toto-?” their pokémon called up to it's trainer, softly nuzzling against their arm as (Y/n) sniffled.                   
                    Then they heard it.
                    Looking up, a leaf landed on their nose from where the tree was moving. A fearow’s head popped down, looking rather angry that someone disturbed it. (Y/n) stumbled back, and the fearow launched at them, sending a flurry of pecks and claws. The child collapsed on the ground, covering (P/n) with their body so the young pokémon wouldn't get hurt as well. The pain eventually became too much, and they blacked out.