Chapter 7

Five stood there emotionless, and then immediately ran over to Vanya.

"Vanya! Vanya! Are you okay?! I'm so sorry!" Five frantically yelled.

Vanya's eyes stayed shut, which caused Five to panic even more.

"Five, you did the right thing" Luther said.

"Luther. I'm not sure what goes on in that primitive brain of yours, but blasting Vanya was most definitely NOT the right thing" Five yelled.

"Five, I know you care about Vanya, but we have to face facts. Vanya was gonna kill dad and maybe even us. We know she has the ability to do that. If you didn't hit Vanya who knows what could've happened?" Alison stated.

Five knew that Alison was right. He just didn't want to believe it.

Just then Vanya stirred in Five's arms.

"Vanya? Are you okay?" Five whispered.

"I'm fine...wait Five did you use your powers on me?" Vanya said heartbroken.

"Vanya listen I-"

"Five, out of everyone in the world. Out of everyone in the family. I never thought-" Vanya's voice croaked.

"Vanya. It's just that you were going to hurt Dad and we've seen what you could do and-"

"How could you do this?" Vanya said tears streaming from her eyes.

Five couldn't even respond to that. He was absolutely heartbroken.

"Van..."

"No, no, just leave me alone. I can't stand to see you right now" Vanya said.

Five watched as Vanya left the room, he was about to follow her when someone put his arm. He turned, expecting to see Alison, but it wasn't.

Instead it was Klaus shaking his head.

Five looked down in defeat, staring down at the ground.

Meanwhile Vanya ran to her room in tears. She felt as if her entire world had shattered.

Five.

The only one she could trust, hurt her. Her head was spinning, but  one thing was clear.

She was dangerous.

As much as she hated her father for what he did for her, she didn't want to kill him or hurt anyone. Unfortunately it took a hit from the person closest to her for her to realize that.

It reminded her when she was almost shot in that theater. The thought of her past made her spine tingle.

The last thing she wanted was to not be in control. For her not to remember what she was capable of. The only way for her not to hurt anyone is to not be around anyone.

That was the only way.

She gathered some clothes and money in a small satchel and waited til night fell.

Around 9:00 pm there was a knock on the door.

"Vanya? It's me, Five. I just want to talk about what happened. You know I would never hurt you right? It was just...I was scared that the end was coming again, but that's not your fault. It's my job to help you and protect you and I failed. I'm sorry"

Vanya stayed silent, but tears fell down her cheeks. She wanted to say something, she really did, but she knew if she opened that door then she wouldn't want to leave. Leave him.

Five stayed on the other side of the door hoping that Vanya would open the door and they would embrace. He stood there waiting, but when there was no response, his heart shattered. He leaned on thee door pressing his forehead on the cool wood.

Vanya, standing on the other side of the door was also leaning her forehead on the door. It took every strength of her being not to open that door, but she knew she shouldn't.

She heard Five take a deep breath, followed by footsteps leading away from her door.

Vanya waited til the coast was clear and opened the door. The hallway was dark and quiet.

She snuck out towards the kitchen and grabbed some fruit to put her bag.

Vanya tiptoed to the the door and opened it slowly. She started to leave, but not before looking at her old home one last time. She signed as she closed the door.

Hey guys!

Sorry for the late update, but powers up and hopefully here to stay.

See you all in the next chapter :)

-Fangirlspam_234