Chapter 8

The next morning Five woke up before the breakfast alarm even went off. He had to see Vanya, even if she didn't want to see him.

He got dressed and raced over to her room. He knocked on the door a couple times.

"Vanya listen. I can't handle not talking. I'm coming in whether you like it or not" Five said and kicked opened the door. Causing the whole house to shake.

When he walked in he expected to see Vanya either sleeping, or reading at her desk, or even playing violin, but she wasn't there.

Five kicking the door down caused a crowed to form in Vanya's doorway.

"Dude. It's so early. Too early to be kicking down doors" Diego said sleepily.

"Yeah, I was in the middle of a great dream. It had unicorns, rainbows, and drug-uh drums it had drums" Klaus said yawning, then noticing Grace standing 2 feet away.

"Five honey? What's wrong?" Grace asked.

"Vanya's not here. Is she downstairs or around?" Five asked.

"No, I did my morning cleaning and didn't see her. I thought she was sleeping" Grace said.

Five rushed downstairs to the kitchen hoping to find Vanya at the table. Instead he found an empty bowl with a piece of paper tied to it. He grabbed and opened it and immediately recognized the handwriting.

Just Grace came down shortly and looked puzzled.

"That's strange. I just restocked that bowl with fruit yesterday afternoon" and grabbed the bowl to restock it once more.

Five hid the note from their mother and teleported to the courtyard where they shared most of their moments together.

He sat down on the bench and opened the note again.

Dear Five,

I knew you would be the one to find this. You were the smarter one out of  everyone.

I just want to let you know that I don't hate you for blasting me. It was the right thing to do. I forgive you.

I'm sorry I left without saying goodbye, but it's better this way. I won't hurt anyone.

I'm going somewhere that no one will ever find me. Please don't try to find me. This is a journey I have to do on my own.

Just know I'll always care about you.

Love, Vanya

By the end of Five reading that letter, there were water smudges where tears came from. Five's hand was shaking.

"ARGHHHHH!" He yelled in anger and blasted a nearby stone stone bench. He watched as pieces of marble crumbled and shattered.

This caused everyone to run out to the courtyard. What they found was a young boy clutching a piece of paper in his hand and his head hung low.

"Five? Come on twice in the same hour??" Luther said.

Alison nudged her elbow into Luther's gut hard.

"OwWwWwwW what the-"

Alison just glared at him and walked over to Five.

"Five?"

"She's gone Ali...she's gone and I'm never gonna see her again....I didn't even get to say goodbye" Five said between sobs.

Alison just hugged her brother and gestured for the rest of the siblings to join the group hug. They came over and hugged their devastated brother.

"Look at all this damage!" Reginald said shocked, earning him a glare from all the children, Grace, and Pogo.

He backed away out of the courtyard and returned to his study.

Five was conflicted, he wanted to respect Vanya and her beliefs but if that meant never seeing her again...

In the middle of his thoughts the mission alarm went off. The last thing the team wanted to do was go off on a mission, but they knew the had no choice.

They reluctantly suited up and went downstairs for a briefing.

"It is the same criminal who stole the bluetonium. He is located at the docks. Find them and stop them" Reginald said.

The team said nothing, but were listening, they joined hands and got ready for Five to teleport them to the docks.

Five looked at all his siblings and felt guilty going straight to a mission after finding out Vanya ran away, but this was his life.

With a blue flash of light the team was gone.

OOoOoOOOOo what's gonna happen???

Jk I know what happens.

Anyway thank's for reading and I'll see yall in the next chapter!

-F <3