Chapter 10

Y/n pov

I calmly pace with dad talking to each other planning trying to come up with a plan. We ignored the others quiet chatter focusing on finding a plan. I did make eye contact with Hiccup while talking with Dad. I give a small smile to him which he kindly returned. I continued listening to Dad again keeping the same pace. I wasn't expecting when they put Viggo in a cage, but not me again. I thought confused,' I'm seeing some favoritism toward on this.'

Dad said trying to appeal," Hiccup, you must reconsider." Hiccup responds uncomfortable," I'm sorry Viggo. There is just too much bad blood to trust you'll do anything but try to... you know." Dad questioned going to the rail," And the Dragon Eye's return. It did nothing to assuage your concerns?" Astrid said annoyed," Not enough." Dad responds unhappy," Ryker will attack the island with my Shellfire dragon. I'm afraid he won't stop till all of you are... well you know."

Hiccup said unfazed," Well that's encouraging as always Viggo." Dad quickly continues," You see that's just it. I could be considerable assistance in helping you defend your home. If you'll allow me." Astrid said monotone," We'll take that under advisement." The twins came warning us of the impending attack. We leave having the twins take care of poor dad. I give him a sympathetic look I mouth to him before we leave," I'm sorry about this. Have fun surviving the twins."

Hiccup told everyone except the twins that aren't here, all we learned from scouting out the hunter ships. We quickly made a plan to defend the place and about the baby dragon. The twins finally came back from probably annoying dad to near his grave. They all soon left with the encouragement of Astrid and Heather. Now leaving just Hiccup and I alone here to talk and spend some together alone.

~

The next morning arrived we were all quick at work but the attack started sooner than we hoped. Everyone except Heather and me not having a hut and Snotlout who didn't get to enforce his went to there huts. Hiccup got me to come with him seeing it would probably make Astrid's hut cramped with so many people and dragons. Soon enough it finally stopped gathering up. Snotlout said annoyed," I don't know about you, but there is no way I'm sitting through that again. We have dragons. We should be out there sinking those ships."

He slapped his fist on his hand. Hiccup retorts," It's not coming from the ships It's coming from the Shellfire." Dad came saying startling everyone," I hate to say I told you so, but-" Hiccup explains shocked," How'd you get out?" Dad responds calmly selling out a nervous Snotlout that would have given himself away. No one except maybe me was happy with Snotlout at the moment. Snotlout argued back poorly making up a excuse." Dad continues ignoring Snotlout," Hiccup you must allow me to assist you like you let my daughter assist you. For the sake of us all. Shellfire's range is over a mile. Ryker is using ships, my ships to be exact to protect it."

Astrid said stepping forward," Then we need to get past those ships." A rumble went off Hiccup replies," Then we better do it quickly." Hiccup tells everyone what to do leaving my dad with Snotlout. Hiccup said serious," We need to slow down the ships and move on. If they fire at us we fire back." I said to him serious," We're going to be overwhelmed with all the arrows, catapults, and Shellfire." Before he could respond we are attacked.

Like I thought we were overwhelmed by the ships and Shellfire. We retreat back now discussing a plan. We soon find Snotlout flying this way leaving my dad in a on fire stables. I look to Hiccup really worried I said," We can't leave him in there." Astrid said to Hiccup," You guys go we'll be fine." Hiccup said to me," No. Y/n you stay here and help. I'll go get him." I nod trusting Hiccup he flew away towards the on fire stables.

~

We gather in a safe spot while it's fired upon by Shellfire. While they argue Dad and I strategies talking about what is the best choice in ideas. At one point Hiccup and Dad flew away going to do the plan. Astrid didn't trust Viggo she tried to go after him. I stop her telling her it'd be more important for her to watch over them and I'll go. She relented agreeing with my reasoning I flew after them on Blackbolt.

When I caught up it looked bad from my angle, but I knew better. I called out getting Dad's attention," Hey Dad. You know that looks bad from this angle you know." Dad asked calmly," Does it?" Hiccup freaked out for a second when he saw the dagger. I said nonchalantly," We better not drag this out too long or Uncle will enjoy himself too much." Dad said simply looking at the dagger," True. We wouldn't want that." He dropped it into the water showing up the Supmaripar.

The Supmaripar does it's job fighting the Shellfire. We defeated Uncle and Dad got his enjoyment out of it. I soon went back to Dad after a while. He a plan to get Dragon Eye back from Hiccup. I knew it meant a lot to Dad because mom helped make this version of it... before she was killed a long time ago. We don't have much of her left and our homr was destroyed. He told me wanted to use me to get it and promised he wouldn't hurt anyone getting it.

I begrudgingly agree doing the plan with him. It went badly, Dad died with the Dragon Eye in the volcano. I cried but I at least had Hiccup who kindly comforted me. I decided in the end to join the Dragon Riders with Hiccup's encouragement. I'm glad everyone kindly welcomed me in which I wasn't expecting. But I knew even though they didn't it isn't over yet. I even smuggled a kiss in between us and Hiccup's... our friends saw. We all have a big group hug before walking off to go do patrol around island.