Chapter 2: Derek McCartney

People always say, I wish I could be like him you know, the one that has it all. Well, I don't wish it, because I am that person, I have it all, money, girls and still manage to have awesome grades. Never been the type of guy to be in a relationship. The one time I gave someone a chance, she cheated. So after that day, I don't do feelings and all that crap that comes with it anymore.

I was on my bed watching a movie, when a text popped on my insta.

"Who is, Nika Hale?" I checked her profile and it wasn't private, says she's from London. "You're cute, too bad you live in London."

I'm pretty sure she mistake me for someone else. It be impossible for me to arrive there in an hour.

"Big broooo." My baby sis said while entering my bedroom skipping.

Malia is only four years old but a smart little cookie.

"Yes, munchkin?" I said while picking her up and kissed her cheek.

She looked at my phone and saw the picture of the girl who texted me. "Ohh, she looks cute, make her your girlfriend."

"You know I dont do the girlfriend thing. And she lives far."

"Pff."

"Did you just pff me?" I arched an eyebrow. She laughed.

...........

Nika

I got ready for school and drove there. Thank you GPS for existing.

"Fresh start." Dery said while breathing.

"Yeah."

We walked to the school and then went to get our schedules and our assigned lockers. We only have 2 classe together. But at least our lockers were close.

"I'll miss you." He sighed.

"We will see at lunch and we live together. Drama queen." I chuckled.

"Oh look, is the fag and the British hoe." The same girl from yesterday told us.

"Bloody hell, you are like a virus." With that said, I punched her.

"This nose was brand new!" She screeched and made a run.

"Next time think twice before you call us names and be disrespectful." I yelled at her. Everyone went back to their business.

"Gotta love drama. Thanks, Nika." He hugged me. I just smiled.

"That was fantastic." We turned to see a girl with blue eyes and chestnut hair.

"She is so bloody annoying." I rolled my eyes.

She chuckled, "loving you and your accent already. I'm Nina Smith."

"Nika Hale." We shook hands.

"This is my best friend, Derek. You'll get used to him." I said as she laughed.

"Hey, I'm a delight." He retorted.

"Thank God you two are here. You're already making Senior year better. I don't like anyone here." She told us.

"No boyfriend or girlfriend?" Derek asked her.

"That I do, but it's good to have people aside from my boyfriend. And here he comes." She smiled.

"Hey, gorgeous." He gave her a kiss.

"Hey, handsome." She smiled. "Meet Derek and Nika."

We shook hands and introduced ourselves.

"Oliver is the captain of the football team. And he's extremely nice to people not the typical jerk they portrait in cliche movies."

We laughed.

"Welcome to the states, hope you're liking it so far." He told us.

"Thanks and we are." Derek replied.

We talked for a bit and then we went to our classes. I had this one with Derek and Nina.

After having lunch, I was called into the principal's office.

"In my defense, she attacked us and called my friend an awful name."

He sighed. "Still, violence is not the answer."

"Mr. Jackson. She deserves it, that idiot needs manner and how to talk. The girl screeches."

He laughed at that. "I'll let this slide. Next time, I'll have to call your parents."

"Yes sir." I salute him and then left.

He laughed. At least the principal is cool. The previous one I had was a dick.

I bumped into someone bit didn't see who it was. Except he had a big colorful mouth for just bumping.

"Screw you too." I yelled as I walked away. 

I made it to my locker and grabbed my stuff.

"The first day and already creating chaos." Nina chuckled. "I like you."

I laughed. "Well, I'm not a shy little girl. If people piss me off, they will get a little taste of my fist."

"So, I'm guessing you were always at the principal's office."

"Yep, but he was an ass, I like Mr. Jackson." I replied.

"Ive missed you." Derek said as he pulled me into a hug.

"I did too, drama queen." I chuckled. 

"Party at my house this Saturday." A guy from the football team announced and everyone cheered.

"Okay, we're going. I met this hot dude and we hit it off nice. And what better place to have some fun than a party." Dery told us.

Nina laughed.

"His parties, are epic." Oliver told us while wrapping his arm around  Nina's neck.

"Sure, let's party." I said and they all cheered. 

I'm not a party person but, what the hell. New place, why not try new things.

After classes we all exchanged number and Derek being Derek, made a group chat with all of us. 

........

We arrived home and plopped on the couch. 

"Long day?" Dad asked us.

"It was a good day actually. I like L.A." I replied.

"Same, it will be a great year." Derek added. 

"I'm glad." He said before leaving. 

"Who's hungry?" Mom asked us. We made a run to the kitchen.

I'm still wondering who has such a colorful mouth. Guess I'll find out soon.

A/N: Since Nina, didn't get a story, I added her here. In Blooming Love she lives in New York. But since this is a new story. They moved to Los Angeles. Just wanted to make that clear so I wouldn't confuse anyone.