Chapter 5: Why Me?

The next day, my parents told me they had a very important meeting. They told me breakfast was ready and also to give some pills and water to Derek.

I opened the door and saw him groaning.

"This is what happens when you drink a lot." I said as I gave him the pills and water. 

"Thanks." He drank them and them place the glass on the night stand. "Did I say or do something embarrassing?"

"You said some stuff, but they weren't embarrassing. They were sad." I told him while sitting next to him.

"Care to fill me in."

"You told me your parents practically suck, and that you take care if your baby sis. Were they cold towards you when you were a kid?"

"I tend to talk craziness when I'm drunk, pay no attention to me." He said as he laid his head on the pillow.

"This actually explain why you're the way you are. And don't give me that whole I was drunk and I talk craziness, crap. You were being sincere, theres nothing wrong with that." I added. 

He chuckled, "I enjoy your British accent. It's really hot."

"Well, get use to it, because unless it fades, youll hear it forever." I chuckled.

"Does this mean you don't dislike me anymore?"

"I brought you to my house and let you sleep on a bed instead of couch. I don't dislike you anymore. You're tolerable."

"One more step to liking then." He wiggle his eyebrows. I laughed.

"So, want to talk about last night?"

"I'll talk more whe you like me and agree to go on a date with me." He smirked. 

"I thought you were the type of guy who didn't date, or like crappy love stuff."

"A guy can change his mind. And this guy is very intrigued by you, darling."

I laughed, "your accent sucks. I accept your offer."

"By the way." He gave me a kiss on my cheek. "Thanks for stopping me last night, and bringing me to your house safe." With that said, he got up and went to the bathroom to take a shower.

I smiled. The man has a heart after all.

..........

Two weeks went by, I was coming back from P.E. Today's class was intense and I was sweating like crazy. And since we started classes last week on Tuesday, I had no clue where the girls bathroom was. All the girls left immediately and I didn't have this class with Nina.

I asked someone and they told me where to find it. When I entered it, it was empty.

"Well, this is very odd."

"What's odd?" I turned to see, Derek.

"Uhm, this is the girls bathroom, get out so I can shower." I told him.

He laughed as he was walking closer to me. "You're actually in the men's bathroom."

"No I'm-" I was cut by cold water pouring over me. I look up to see him in the shower with me and soaked too.

Why me?

"Nothing like taking a shower with a beautiful girl." He smirked.

"How about you remove your arms from my body. Someone will see us." I said while trying to get off his grip.

"Nope, I like it like this. And I want to do this so bad, you can slap me after."

With that said, he crashed his lips against mine. Fuck, his lips felt really good on mine. They were so soft and plump. He slid his tongue and played with mine. His hands were entangled in my hair as mine were on his. What am I doing, this is wrong, but at the same time, feels right.

We broke from our kiss, and I looked at him, "Why did you kissed me?"

"Because, for the first time, a girl didn't threw herself at me." He caressed my face.

"I bet you say this to every girl." I said as I was finally able to get off his grip.

"Wrong, I told my ex that she was cute and she threw herself at me, we dated but that was it. I did like her, but she cheated and then she died for me."

"Okay, does she go here?"

"No, she moved to Miami." He told me while putting a towel around me.

"I kinda suck at this whole I like you and you like me. I don't have luck in that department. My ex was an idiot." I rolled my eyes, he laughed.

"That makes two, let's just go slow and see where this goes."

"Okay." I smiled.

We left the men's bathroom, and luckily for us, no one was in the hallways.

"Later Hale." He winked and then left.

I know, I said I didn't like him, but a girl can change her mind fast. There's just something different about him. He's different from our first encounter. I want to know more about him.