Chapter 4: The Party

Derek

There's something about this girl. I like the fact that she didn't threw herself at me. I like a challenge. Maybe it is time for a change.

I plopped on the bed and minutes later, I felt a little person on my back. 

"Why is there a little monkey on my back?" I asked.

She laughed, "I'm not a monkey, silly."

"Guess what munchkin?" I said as she got off my back and sat properly.

"What, what, what?"

"Your big brother is about to make some changes in his life."

"A girl?"

"Yeah, I just have to make her like me, she kinda dislike me now." I tickle her. She laughed.

"Well hurry." She pinched my cheeks.

I'm the kind of brother that talks to a almost five year old. Our parents barely acknowledge us. They prefer to work and fly around the world, while we stay at home. My sister has nannies taking care of her when I'm not here, a bodyguard when she's at preschool. Being rich can be lonely sometimes.

........

Nika

After the beach, I went home with Dery. Talking to Derek today was so different. Our encounters haven't been the best, but today, he was actually nice to talk to. But I guess that's how he sweet talks to his new flavour of the week.

Saturday arrived and that meant the famous crazy party everyone has been talking about since I arrived. 

"How do I look?" Dery asked while posing.

I chuckled, "fabulous."

"How do I look?"

"Gorgeous." He smiled. 

"You both look amazing. Now, no drinking, smoking and no sex." Mom told us.

"Yes." Dery salute her. She chuckled. 

"No worries mom. It's just a high school party,   no one is going to get drunk and stupid. 

.........

And I was wrong. People were getting drunk and stupid.

"You were saying." Dery said.

"Shut up." I sighed as he laughed. 

"Welcome my friends from London!" Chad greeted us. "You handsome come with me."

He snatched Dery away and that left me alone. Nina and Oliver were dancing.

I decided to do what I love the most, Eat. I went to the table and grabbed some snacks.

"People barely eat, they come for the booze." I turned to see, Derek. "Punch is spiked by the way." He told me before drinking punch.

"Is it always like this?"

"Yeah, one time someone got crazy and jumped from the rooftop to the pool. Then you have last Year's party, Chad entered the party on his motorbike and landed with it in the pool."

I laughed. "So, shouldnt you be sucking face or getting into one these unfortunate souls, pants?" I said before eating a dorito.

"Is that what you really think I do all day?" He asked while walking closer to me.

"Yeah, I'm sure Marie could confirm it." I replied as I arched an eyebrow.

He chuckled. "How much do you dislike me?"

"At the moment." I pursed my lips. "I don't entirely dislike you. You're tolerable."

"Guess I'll have to make you like me." He smirked. 

"Why do you want me to like you?" I asked curiously.

"Does there always have to be a reason for everything?" He removed a strand of hair behind my ear.

I looked into his sapphire eyes as his were focused on my brown chocolate eyes.

"I'll make you like me." With that said, he broke his gaze and went to join the football team. 

What the hell just happened? Maybe it was the alcohol in his system talking.

"Did we just see you and Derek having a moment?" Nina asked as Dery gave me a look.

"I don't know what that was. But has me very confuse." I said truthfully.

The party was epic indeed, I ended up having a great time with my friends. After a few hours, I got tired, Dery told me he was going to stay the night with Chad. He asked permission to my parents. Nina and Oliver left an hour ago.

I made my way to the parking lot, as I was about to enter my car,  I saw Derek very drunk. No one should drive in that state. I walked over there and tap on his shoulder.

"Give me the keys."

"I can drive home, I've done this several times." He told me while opening his car door.

"And it's reckless." I replied while finally snatching the keys from his hand.

He pinned me against my car and then he buried his face in the crook of my neck. Oh my God.

"Alcohol helps me forget I have assholes for parents. They're always travelling, I take care of my baby sis."

Maybe that's the real reason why he acts they way he does. He never got love, not even from the people who are supposed to love you the most.

"Come on, get in my car, we will pick your car tomorrow."

I help him get in and I drove us to my house. I called dad for help, Derek was passed out.

"Do I want to know?"

"Tomorrow maybe." I replied.

We put him on Dery's bed and he snuggled to the pillow. I closed the door and went outside.

"Is there a reason he's in that state?" Mom asked me.

"He has a lot on his plate."

"Well, I wish him good luck with that hangover." We laughed at mom's words.

We said good night and I went to my bedroom. I felt bad for Derek. All he wants is someone to be there for him.