volatile ━ newt

DISCLAIMER: this plot was made before we knew newt was gay! this plot will be unavailable until i change the plot around a bit and switch the character's gender, but if you promise to do so in advance, i can give you the plot!!

✦ ✦ ✦ ┈ 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙼𝙰𝚉𝙴 𝚁𝚄𝙽𝙽𝙴𝚁
( plot belongs to me )

𝐕𝐎𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐄 or 𝐓𝐈𝐋' 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇 𝐃𝐎 𝐔𝐒 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓
𝒂𝒗𝒂𝒊𝒍𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆

𝒗𝒐𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒆
(adjective) liable to change rapidly
and unpredictably,
especially for the worse.

𝒗𝒐𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒆(adjective) liable to change rapidly and unpredictably, especially for the worse

000.┊𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇
𝙰𝙼𝙴𝙻𝙻𝙸𝙰 𝚉𝙰𝙳𝚁𝙾 ) : MAE (NAYA)...!✦ ✦ ✦
𝒙𝒊𝒙┊𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒓┊𝒔𝒖𝒃𝒋𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒂𝟖

!✦ ✦ ✦𝒙𝒊𝒙┊𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒓┊𝒔𝒖𝒃𝒋𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒂𝟖

𝑴𝑨𝑬 | 𝑵𝑨𝒀𝑨

Mae, subject A8, the match, and Newt, subject A8, the glue, fell headfirst in love with one another.  That's before the two were separated. She was never anything W.I.C.K.E.D. needed in a Glader. Though she was immune, her mental abilities measured nothing close to the astounding rest. However, give the girl a hand knife and she can take down 3 grown men twice her size; there was no denying her talents. Instead of a Glader, they made Mae a guard at the front face of the W.I.C.K.E.D. facility. But when her friends start getting sent to the Glade, the match inside her threatens to light. It was only so long before she fought back. Before she could even make an effort to save her younger brother, Chuck, he is sent down to become a Glader. That's when the match struck and began to burn. She was too dangerous, so they sent her to the Glade. Why does Mae feel like she recognizes the British blond? Why does it look like he recognizes her back?

INFORMATION
*TW SUICIDE*

- (title can be changed)

- yes, Newt dies

- but so does Mae

- named after Mae C. Jemison

- to WICKED, she was immune, but she was noncompliant, so they made her a guard

- Newt and Mae had been dating before the maze

- Chuck is her younger brother (when she goes to the glade, she's obviously not going to remember that).

- she has a doll identical to chuck's, and she realizes this too late. they figure out they're siblings in his dying breath. 

- when she finally fought back, it was in hopes of getting revenge for her little brother. she ended up killing many soldiers. she obviously doesn't remember this, but when Alby or gally goes through the changing, they say she's actually on their side. however, one of them did call her a murderer.

- Thomas was actually the one to recommend they send her to the glade.

- when she is sent to the glade, she proves to be an excellent fighter. she almost never misses her target and is skilled against the Gladers. this is due to her fighting muscle memory from being a guard at W.I.C.K.E.D.

- but please don't make her someone that can easily defeat a griever. those things are supposed to be scary as hell, and a greenie isn't going to have that much bravery. you can make her brave, but there has to be a point where it stops.

- Newt recognizes and remembers Mae!!! he doesn't tell her this until they fall back in love. because she didn't remember him, he didn't want it to seem like a forced relationship, so he waited to see if she would like him back.

- Mae does not remember Newt, however, with both him and Chuck, she gets this tingling feeling of remembrance  

- she tested as immune, though she actually wasn't

- yes, she got the flare. it was about the same time as Newt, though neither of them was completely sure the other had it. 

- IMPORTANT!!! do not romanticize the flare. it is super painful and gruesome, so it shouldn't be super easy for Mae. 

- Newt and Mae both kill each other at the same time

- the reason they kill each other is that they are the only two to truly know how the flare feels. they came to a mutual agreement to help each other from their pain and suffering

- she finally says 'i love you' in their last breaths

"The match, huh. That sounds right because you and I are the match."

"That was horrible."

"But you loved it."

╭                                                       ╮

...𝒂 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒎𝒆
→𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚢 𝚙𝚕𝚘𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚙!
let me know if you would like this story

╰                                                       ╯