Henry's Embarrassments; PART 2 (SEP 1)

Henry walks up to the keypad, it's time to clock in for work. He taps in and heads upstairs, head in the clouds. First the t-shirt, then the badge, and now finally he is ready to go to work.

Henry jogs down the stairs, hoping that maybe if he can run fast enough the weekend will come sooner and then he can hang out with his friends.

The door opens up as he reaches the bottom and another employee enters through the door, she must be new. Henry hadn't seen her before. Hs stops and moves to the side so she can pass, and she steps back so he can move past her.

They stay there, staring at each other. Waiting for the other person to make the first move.

Henry decides to give up and step forward but just as he does, she also moves forward. They stop again, smiling at each other, it may look like an innocent smile on the outside but they both know what the other is thinking "Is it my turn? Pick what you're going to do!"

Henry breaks the silence. "Sorry, go ahead." now, this can finally be over.

"Oh no, you go." what did she say? All she had to do was say yes and now... goddammit.

"No, no. I insist. Go ahead" you can't seem rude, he doesn't want to seem greedy.

"No, no. Please."

"Go ahead."

"Go."

"Its alright, here." he steps aside again.

She steps aside to let him pass and now Henry is sick of this. He smiles and chuckles, walking by her.

Now he's late for work!