Chapter 2

Several weeks later on, the day they had wished for its arrival finally came. Happily, Elena had passed her test and finally was able to be queen. Later at night after the big event, the prisoners, Drift, Calamity, and Naomi, got together and had a conference, hidden in the area of the castle's balcony.

Naomi asked angrily confused, "What the...why hasn't anything happened yet? The portal hasn't opened up at all and our 3 stages of detransformation haven't even occurred yet! I knew it! The Evil Wizard has been lying to us all this time! Ugh! How foolish we were to trust him!"

Calamity replied, "It's okay, sweetie. Even if he did trick us, we can always find new ways to go home or learn to adapt to this world. Just-"

She was interrupted by the sound of the balcony door opening, seeing Elena and her friend, Mateo entering the balcony scene. It seemed to be something that looked like whatever they were planning to do was only supposed to be between the two of them, so once the three spyers saw them together in the area, they got closer and listened to their conversation.

"Elena, I have something to tell you..." Mateo said to Elena.

"Sure, go ahead." Elena responded.

Mateo took a deep breath, then spoke, "Look. I know how you and I have been friends ever since, but I was always too scared to tell you my true feelings for you. Look Elena, I-"

Elena put a finger over his lips, "Look, I just remembered, there is something I really want to ask you. It is the last step I need to become a true queen of Avalor." The three spies that were quietly listening, wondering what the last step for Elena was in order to become queen.

"Okay," Mateo nodded.

Elena finally told him, "Mateo, I-I like you. I have had a crush on you since the first day we met. I have always been too afraid to actually tell you this, but, I finally am now. So, will you be my king and help me rule Avalor?"

Mateo was shocked to hear this, for Elena actually loved him too. He replied back to her, "Wait, so, you like me? I was about to say the same thing! Of course I will help you rule Avalor my queen!".

They stared at each other for a long moment, then leaned over to kiss each other.

"Oh my gosh! That was probably it! That was why we didn't transform earlier! She just needed that last thing. Look guys!" Naomi said as she saw the shadows of the three spyers transform into their "original-self" outlines.

"You're right Naomi! Our shadows transformed! This must be the first detransformation stage. We gotta go get ready for what will happen next!" Daniel said.

The three then retreated back to their territory and predicted what would they do later, and prepare, for they were finally going home.