《 ─── SEXY KAZOO

《 12 ─── CHAPTER TWELVE ࿐ ˊˎ-

────────────

────────────

to say you were worried would be an understatement. you were genuinely scared out of your mind. today was the day of the sports festival. you were supposed to train. instead, your dumb ass stayed up all night watching anime. you were nearly regretting your decisions, but then you were reminded of how worthy anime is of taking up your time, so you decided to just accept the fact that you were going to disappoint everyone today at the sports festival.

at this point, you were walking to school, headphones in, listening to some obnoxiously loud music. your only hope was that no-one else could hear said music, that would not be fun to explain. (when i say obnoxiously loud music that would be hard to explain, the first thing i think about is emo boy by ayesha erotica. um, if you know then you know. i don't think id enjoy explaining that one to anyone who overheard it. on with the story.)

it was only when you bounced off of someone and looked up at their confused expression that you realised people could, in fact, hear your music. luckily for you, you had happened to walk into none other than one of your classmates-that classmate being the dual haired boy named Todoroki. he squinted at you, looked towards your headphones and then back at you, a look of disappointment spread across his face.

"ah- my music. god, you can't hear it, can you?" you pulled your headphones out, wincing at the loud kazoo music that blared out of them as you held them in your hands.
"oh, you can. jeez. well that's great."

"you have an interesting taste in music, L/N," Todoroki spoke over the aggressive kazoo playing, looking what could only be described as perplexed.
you raised an eyebrow at him, "you really think so? do you like kazoo music too? i think it's pretty funky, not gonna lie."
he contemplated this idea momentarily, before gently shaking his head, "funky. i suppose that's one way to describe it. i wouldn't necessarily say i like it though. rather, i'm more indifferent to it, than anything else."

you snorted at him, "anyway, you excited for the sports festival?"
"i wouldn't say that really. although it will be a good experience, so, maybe?" the dual haired boy tilted his head and you laughed again, 'how can you not know if you're excited?' you thought.
"well, i'm pretty excited. i already know i'm gonna fail super bad, but, kinda like you said, it's gonna be a great experience, so yeah," you looked up at him, a lopsided grin on your face.
"don't be so certain about that, nobody actually knows your quirk, so surely you have an advantage," Todoroki said.
"yeah, that's what the others said, but y'all are forgetting that i don't know anyone else's quirks either, i mean, other than Bakugou's, but, i don't think knowing his quirk is gonna save me from him," you shrugged, a vivid picture of Bakugou exploding you popping up in your mind.

"perhaps not," the dual-haired boy said, "he can be pretty . . . full on." there was a hint of uncertainty in his voice, almost as though he were worried Bakugou would hear the two of you talking about him.
"bruh," you snorted, "full on would be one hell of an understatement. more like . . . terrifying. you have to admit though, he's pretty hot despite his awful personality."
"you're very bold with your statements, L/N," Todoroki glanced at you with a borderline concerned expression.

"true true," you replied, "now would be a perfect time to key smash . . . if only you could do that in real life."
"key . . . smash?" the dual-haired boy tilted his head.
"i forgot you don't text on the group chat. it's where you, like, spam random letters on the keyboard instead of, well, i don't know. key smash," you looked up at Todoroki awkwardly, cringing at your tragic attempt at explaining what a key smash is.
"i see," there was a brief pause, "would texting on the group chat be worth my time? you've spoken highly of it before, so i was wondering whether it was anything too important."

you let out a quiet laugh, "i'd hardly say anything important happens there, unless you count insulting Bakugou in the middle of the night important, but it's fun. you should probably look at it sometime."
Todoroki smiled gently, "i'll take your word for it then."
"oh, also, ask Ashido to teach you all the dumb texting language we use, it'll come in handy for you if you ever choose to talk on there," you added.
"noted."

"just realised that the first time i talk to you is literally a conversation sparked by a fucking kazoo. don't really know how i feel about that," you spoke, looking up at the taller boy.
Todoroki blinked, before replying, "neither. i suppose we should make our way to school though, we've been standing here for ages now."
"oh shit, yeah school. forgot about that," you said, only now remembering why you were standing here talking to Todoroki in the first place.
"how do you-? nevermind." Todoroki shook his head and turned to continue walking, stopping when he noticed your lack of movement, "are you coming?"
"uuuh, yeAh," you sped forward to catch up with the dual-haired boy, laughing awkwardly.

five minutes of awkward walking to school later and you had yet again arrived at your classroom. you could already hear shouting from behind the door, and assumed it was Bakugou, as not many other people would consider shouting this early in the morning.

pushing open the door proved your theory correct, Bakugou was, in fact, shouting at someone. that someone was Kaminari, who was looking at Bakugou in fear.
"oi, shut the fuck up, it's too early for this!" you shouted, sending a glare towards Bakugou, who sent a similar one in return. Todoroki winced at your shouting and moved quietly towards his desk, hoping to avoid any more conversations he'd have to take part in.

"you shut the fuck up, i'm busy!" Bakugou shouted back, turning to shout at Kaminari again.
you walked over, narrowing your eyes at the blond.
"dude. literally, all you're doing is shouting at poor, innocent Kaminari. you are clearly not busy," you said, knowing that continuing to shout wouldn't help anything.
Bakugou scoffed, "innocent? fucking-"
"yeah, no, i'm just gonna stop this right here and just say that this is really pointless and i'd prefer it if we could all move on already," you interrupted.
"whatever." Bakugou walked off, aggressively sitting at his desk, still glaring at you. you shook your head, laughing quietly to yourself.

"L/N, you saved my life, how can i ever repay you?" Kaminari spoke.
you flicked your hair over your shoulder, "ah, but it is just another day in the hero course, saving lives. you owe me nothing."
Kaminari exhaled dramatically, "thank you. you're too kind."
"there's no such thing, it is simply what must be done," you replied.

you would have continued talking to Kaminari, if it weren't for the increasingly loud voices outside the classroom door. many of the students in your class were making their way over to the door, squinting in confusion. moments later, the door was opened to reveal students from different classes, all trying to sneak a look at your class.

"what in the everloving fuck?" you muttered.

────────────
finally getting to the good bit. some of the more recent chapters are actually well written. as in, chapter eighteen is just *chef's kiss*